Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. Weve taken something complicated & made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website & your international transfer is made to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries & we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators & payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year & is now processing over 3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees & have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong & other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products & services for our customers.
Changing the world isnt easy so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, & have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain & develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture & how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
- Take ownership of all business activity reporting for the UK Parent company;
- Perform reconciliations & post journal entries to ensure all transactions are recorded accurately, timely;
- Drive close of general ledger in accordance with month end cadence;
- Prepare monthly statutory entity packs (P&L, Balance Sheet & Cash Flow) by Region/ Market inclusive of commentaries;
- Deliver all local regulatory/ compliance/ tax reporting;
- Support departments & finance business partners on financial accounting matters, including accuracy of results across departments & commentary on material entries;
- Work with finance teams to streamline & standardise month-end processes;
- Seek to constantly improve & implement best practice within the team; and
- Mentor, coach one direct report (Junior Accountant).
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Strong management accounting skills (technical, operational, systems);
- Experience in optimising / accelerating / automating month-end close processes, including Balance Sheet governance;
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment, be able to operate with ambiguity;
- Strong excel skills;
- Collaborative, proactive & able to work across teams in Finance to drive deliverables; and
- Knowledge of Netsuite or comparable general ledger system.
Start Date: ASAP
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical & dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast & fruit every day & Friday afternoon tea drinks & nibbles.
- No formal dress code.