Cedar has built a platform that combines data science & machine learning to connect patients with healthcare providers in a way that helps solve the critical challenges of patient billing & payment. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing & engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
Our engineering needs have scaled with our companys recent growth. Were seeking an experienced Director of Engineering who will lead teams of engineers & help accelerate our product development timeline.
- Manage multiple teams of high-performing engineers & support them in the delivery process of Cedars products
- Manage, mentor & train individual engineering team leads
- Collaborate with leadership team to set & execute high-level engineering strategies
- Support engineering recruiting efforts by partnering with Cedars People Team & company leadership
- Continue to build & maintain the strong lines of communication between Engineering & Product teams
- Maintain a culture that adheres to Cedars values of focusing on our vision, using good judgement, staying positive, & disallowing mediocrity
Skills & Experience:
- Ability to lead engineering teams; has a track record of success working with Product & Leadership teams to push development forward
- Excellent people manager able to mentor & grow senior engineers & team leads
- 10+ years of combined engineering experience; ideally starting as an individual contributor, then transitioning to senior management roles
- Experience scaling engineering teams & infrastructure at a fast-growing startup is a big plus
- Ability to set a high bar for engineering efforts across teams & disallow mediocrity in development efforts.
- Ability to review code to determine quality & areas for improvement
- Experience fostering an environment of innovation & promoting engineering best practices across teams
- Ability to engage on architectural discussions & determine tradeoffs & drive discussion towards decisions
- Ability to personally code small features & bug fixes in order to stay abreast of our development process & code base in order to optimize it over time is a plus
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work with a smart & engaging team working to solve a problem that affects millions of patients annually
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments & suggestions
- Transparency across teams & interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch & unlimited healthy snacks
- Exposure to top venture capitalists including Thrive Capital, Founders Fund, & Kinnevik