CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you & by using your biometrics your eyes, face, & fingerprints we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctors office, access your office building, & more without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues & more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a persons digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk & restore peace of mind.
Were defining & leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, & investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBCs Disruptor 50 List for the third year in a row & winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing frictionless experiences & technology for our partners & 7+ million members.
We are seeking a Senior Systems Automation Engineer passionate about automation to build a next-generation DevOps culture. Our team is focused on pipeline-based software delivery & empowering our internal engineering teams to build scalable self-service solutions. You will live & breathe infrastructure as code & work with technologies such as GitHub Actions, Kubernetes, Twistlock, Terraform, Docker, & a wide variety of AWS cloud-native service offerings. The ideal candidate will work with a pure infrastructure as code operating model, embrace cattle & not pets, & have a deep understanding of deployment & integration automation as well as a high level of proficiency in Bash, Python & for bonus points Go. You will be working on creating feature parity with existing systems & developing solutions that will enable rapid scaling & self-service workflows. Other expectations include tooling & monitoring, the ability to incorporate APM solutions into the workflow, & troubleshooting of production systems.
What You Will Do:
- Design & Implement automated workflows to enable engineers to self-service their infrastructure & deployment needs.
- Build next-generation tooling involving cutting-edge technologies & entirely cloud-native solutions.
- Incorporate performance monitoring & tooling into deployment & workflow automation
- Partner with the Infrastructure team to deploy seamless infrastructure as code solutions
- Upgrade existing technology patterns to provide feature parity with legacy systems & work with internal teams to upskill them on new features & capabilities designed by the Build Integration & Tooling team (B.I.T.S.)
Who You Are:
- First & foremost passionate about privacy identity management & security
- 5+ years of experience working in CI/CD based software & infrastructure development environments.
- Capable of advanced scripting in Bash & Python as well as other languages you want to bring to the table & upskill the team on.
- Good at communicating & working with teams to bring them up to speed on the new features that we are providing them to enable autonomy & rapid iteration.
- Strong knowledge of AWS products, especially AWS containerization, security, & network functionality.
- Strong knowledge of container technology & orchestration.
- Strong understanding of Cloud Native design principles (CNF familiarity preferred)
- Desire to continuously improve systems & environments