At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks.Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What you'll do
The Accounts Receivable Staff processes all facets of Cloudflares worldwide Billing & Accounts Receivable (A/R) functions. This role facilitates prompt, correct, & complete billing, collection, & cash application of Cloudflare receivables to support preparation of accurate financial statements, compliance with customer contracts, & optimization of cash flow. Additionally, this position participates in certain regulatory compliance activities including sales tax assessment & reporting, & unclaimed property remittance.
- Billing & Accounts Receivable
- Direct preparation & issuance of customer invoices to ensure prompt & accurate billing in compliance with contract terms
- Oversee response to billing & A/R inquiries in a manner that cultivates a culture of exemplary customer serviceboth internal & external
- Support Revenue team by running credit checks & monitoring credit worthiness of new & existing customers
- Participate in month-end close processes associated with Accounts Receivable to support timely & accurate preparation & delivery of financial statements
- Facilitate cash receipt & application processes to ensure prompt & accurate deposit of all funds & application to customer accounts
- Execute process for managing & refunding customer credit balances in a timely manner, partnering with Accounts Payable to escalate or resolve any A/R related unclaimed property issues.
- Oversee maintenance of customer account information within Billing System(s) to ensure up-to-date address, terms, tax, & contact information
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on various systems projects including selection, implementation, & upgrades to A/R & Billing systems.
Policies, Procedures, & Internal Controls
- Policies, Procedures, & Internal Controls
- Execute policies & procedures for Billing & A/R, driving toward implementation of best practices & business process improvements
- Support overall organizations SOX compliance requirements through adherence to key controls & timely
completion of reporting.
- Bachelors degree required, with emphasis in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Billing & A/R functions in a high volume environment
- Exposure to international operations preferred
- Experience participating in system evaluation & implementation preferred.
- Demonstrated effective written, verbal & interpersonal communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Creative problem solving skills coupled with good judgment
- Effective communication skills, verbal & written, in order to research, prepare & present information to
- Management, as well as effective communication skills with co-workers
- Critical thinking & strong analytical skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, provide leadership, & take initiative under minimal supervision
- Intermediate Microsoft office skills.
- Comfort in a fast paced work environment, with multiple concurrent projects & priorities.
- Ability to plan, execute & deliver on projects in a timely manner; plus the ability to multi-task on varying
projects & initiatives.
- Very high attention to detail; organized & thorough with a desire for continuous improvement.
- Stellar work ethic.
What Makes Us Special
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94115.