Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the countrys leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness & value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals & clients. Weve partnered with top biopharma companies & are backed by leading venture capital firms to help further expand our research & product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, were assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively & authentically, to innovate & think transformation, not status quo.
If thats you, wed love to hear from you.
Aetions Senior Accountant is a proactive & action-oriented individual who supports a high performing finance team across a variety of functions. This position involves a keen understanding of Aetions business & will be involved in various accounting & financial activities while working as part of the Accounting team. This position will be at the forefront of contributing to the financial strength of our fast paced & growing organization.
The following duties include, but are not limited to
- Assist with the monthly financial close by preparing account reconciliations, submitting journal entries, & working with other cost centers to obtain relevant information.
- Prepare monthly expense analyses & explain trends/variances.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations with supporting schedules.
- Assist with implementation & enhancement of revenue system
- Maintain sub-ledgers & other supporting schedules
- Assist in implementing accounting policies & procedures
- Support Leadership with various ad-hoc analyses & management reporting.
- Design monthly financial close procedures in order to obtain more accurate & timely results
- Interfacing with external auditors, as needed
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience
- BA/BS in Accounting (required)
- Licensed CPA (or parts of the exam passed) and/or Big 4 background a plus
- Prior experience with a cloud-based ERP preferable (NetSuite or Intact)
- Prior software industry experience a plus
- Problem solver with thoughtful, efficient, & automated solutions
- Experience with international consolidations & FX conversion/translationa a plus
- Understanding & experience with Software Licenses, SaaS, & Project accounting
- Lead at all levels Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders & technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports & maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, & HIMSS
- Located in three cities We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, & Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social & energetic offices with a modern layout, & a giant kitchen & eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, & industry meetups & events.
- Great perks We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, 4% 401(k) match, & unlimited PTO.
- Awards Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great & inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit & maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse & culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.