BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
The BuzzFeed Design team needs a hard-working Junior Graphic Designer for a full-time paid position, to start as soon as possible. We are looking for someone with a passion for design, social media commerce, & the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Observe current design trends on social media & across the web
- Work closely with social & affiliate marketing teams to create timely & engaging graphics, illustrations, & short-form videos
- Assist branded commerce leads with Go-To-Market materials, & strategic pitches
- Meet monthly quotas & help define conversion benchmarks
- Work with social leads & leads across the content organization to identify affiliate opportunities
- Immerse yourself in the world of commerce to identify exciting new content opportunities
- Assist the editorial & branded design teams with the creation of headers, infographics, illustrations, animations, typography treatments & more
- Deep knowledge of social media platforms (FB, IG, Twitter, TikTok)
- An interest in design & advertising through the lens of online shopping & affiliate marketing
- Interest and/or background in working with products & review content
- A passion for experimentation, innovation & ideating on your successes
- A degree or course of study in graphic design
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & After Effects (Animation experience a major plus)
- An ability to work under tight deadlines, juggle multiple projects at once, & adapt when asked to pivot
- Good communication skills & a talent for collaboration
- Must include a link to a portfolio site of your recent work, no PDFs or dropbox links please
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.