At Vimeo, we love designing & engineering tools that combine power with ease of use. Our engineers work on professional-grade video tools for creators & have the opportunity to do way more than write code.
Were a small team that cares about collaboration, encourages curiosity, celebrates technical excellence, & is driven by careful attention to detail & planning for the future. We believe diversity of perspective & experience are key to building great technology & believe that the best way to iterate towards success is by taking care of ourselves, our families, our users, & one another.
The Collaboration team develops & maintains functionality for teams & collaborative tools in the Core Vimeo product. We own the full technical stack used that enables teams to share access to resources in dynamic ways, see real-time activity within a team, & collaborate with tools such as video review. Making Vimeo even better for teams of all sizes is a major priority for our team in 2021.
What youll do:
- Build & improve tools for teams on Vimeo that combine high-quality user experience with performance & scalability
- Collaborate closely with our Product & Engineering teams to move key projects from conception to launch
- Define & iterate on our technical roadmap to enable rapid iteration & long term stability
- Identify opportunities to improve our architecture & tooling across multiple levels of the stack
- Mentor & support engineers
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 5+ years of technical experience working on consumer-facing products
- Experience in full-stack web development, from creating frontend interfaces to building & maintaining APIs, & optimizing database transactions
- Interest in working on a large-scale system. Making products faster, more scalable, & fault-tolerant
- A strong eye for product design & interactivity, & unwavering attention to detail
- Ability to communicate & collaborate respectfully & effectively with both technical & non-technical teams
Vimeo is the worlds leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, & organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate & communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse & global community. Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, & strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs