Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that brings together engaging, accessible content with integrated assessments & insights to supercharge reading engagement & learning in every subject. Do you want to be part of the literacy movement? We are dedicated to our mission to unlock the written word for everyone. Five years since our launch, Newsela is in 90% of US schools, in addition to being in over 180 countries. The result has been more engaged readersand engaged readers are better learners.
Newsela is looking for a campaign engagement professional to drive usage of our core products. Were looking for someone who is data-driven but creative, has built new campaigns from scratch, thrives in a fast paced environment, & has successfully executed complex lifecycle email & social campaigns. You will manage the campaign engagement plan & execution with responsibility for turning low usage customers into power users. You will work closely with our internal Community, Sales, & Account Management teams to ensure high levels of client use, meet current business objectives, & expand the reach of our client contact to increase client engagement & account renewal.
- Own end to end execution of teacher, school & district onboarding & engagement email campaigns, which will expand reach & increase the efficacy of touch points to improve engagement, usage & account renewal.
- Analysis of current email campaigns & making recommendations for improvement.
- Create & execute against a roadmap for A/B testing that allows us to continuously improve usage & engagement metrics
- Managing trigger engagement campaigns throughout the customer lifecycle to maximise usage.
- Manage engagement communications calendar & work with marketing to execute against it
- QA all communications, ensuring all links, images, subject lines, & list segments are accurate & working properly
- Monitor & report key metrics including engagement, usage & business metrics
- Work with cross-functional teams to support student, teacher, school, & district-wide onboarding & engagement, based on a deep understanding of our users.
- Analyze & synthesize information from internal dashboards & other ad-hoc analytical deliverables for school onboarding & engagement.
The Ideal Candidate
- 2+ years work experience with client facing onboarding processes & engagement frameworks to support product usage.
- 1+ year experience with email/social campaign management
- Experience setting up engagement campaigns e.g. welcome/onboarding, triggers, usage
- Hands-on experience with various elements of engagement analysis pipeline, such as:
Formulating & testing hypotheses
Identifying data requirements for analytics projects
Synthesizing & presenting results
- Familiarity with platforms like Marketo, SFDC, SendGrid, Outreach, Asana
- Knowledge of SQL, data analytics tool & usage of pivot tables.
- Email copywriting experience
- Robust analytic & quantitative skills
- Familiarity with email best practices
- Bachelors degree
A Few Plusses
- Thrives in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment.
- Previous experience in education or edtech, & familiarity with platforms like Clever, Canvas, & Classlink.
- Working knowledge of systems operations.
- Working knowledge of building out market-specific engagement analysis.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Outreach, & Looker