Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, & grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult & expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware & software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, & more. We're working to find new & better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms-and we're looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
As a senior-level Product Designer at Square, you will drive design execution for our Payments Platform. You will designmodular, end-to-end onboarding & Payments experiences - in the form of APIs & SDKs - which teams within the company & Sellers outside our organization will use as building blocks to create remarkable products. You will drive our core product's design & empower small- & medium-sized businesses & the people behind them.
- At least 7 years of relevant professional experience
- A portfolio that shows work you were directly responsible for designing
- Experience as a primary contributor to multiple high impact projects
- You proactively formulate ideas & present them to your cross-functional team to determine strategy & roadmaps
- You have a natural curiosity & desire to collaborate with your leadership peers & bring conversations to next steps
- You have experience delivering tailored design presentations to convey work for a variety of audiences
- You can establish the vision for the product & achieve it through design explorations, documentation, & presentations to bring the team along
- You know when to bypass minor UX testing & lean on your expertise, but also when to propose projects to fill in the gaps
- You can take on complicated projects & seek the information you need to move forward
Learn more about Design at Square.
At Square, we value diversity & always treat all employees & job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, & talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name & preferred method of contact, & we will respond as soon as possible.