Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a National Contracting & Strategy Manager to join our P+L team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform & a relentless focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselvesone that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role:
At Oscar, we are working hard to provide the kind of health insurance we would want for ourselves. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
The Market P+L teams manage the growth & business economics of their regions. The team grows a set of relationships across our network of health systems, providers, & other healthcare organizations. The team strives to construct & improve Oscars system, facility, & provider agreements, infrastructures, & relationships to ensure that our strategic vision, operational standards, partner quality goals, & financial interests are reflected in our network partnerships.
Within the P&L group, the national contracting strategy team is responsible for developing strategies, managing relationships, leading cross-functional initiatives, & executing agreements with providers across multiple clinical categories & business lines (MA, individual, small group). We are also accountable for overall process & workflow design for our contracting life cycle, including the development of analytics to report on productivity & performance.
You will report into the Associate Director, Market P+L.
- Work with key internal stakeholders such as Legal, Operations & Regional P&L teams to optimize the efficiency of the overall contracting lifecycle, including development of template agreements, contracting guardrails, training resources, & other key process decisions
- Partner with Medical Cost Management to analyze internal data to drive insights on operational performance & and build out reporting tools to assist regional P&L teams in driving improvements
- Partner with internal teams such as Finance, Legal & Procurement to improve the collaboration between contracting & other functions, reducing Oscars risk & improving visibility into our processes
- Help develop strategies to drive care to our highest performance network partners
- Identify improvements to related operational processes (e.g. contract ingestion ) that can help drive greater productivity across P&L
- 4+ Years experience solving operational problems
- 2+ Years driving a wide range of large initiatives across many stakeholders
- Experience negotiating contracts a plus
- Experience in a highly quantitative role (e.g. management consulting, investment banking) a plus
- SQL experience a plus
- Healthcare experience a plus
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health & safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date.
If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at email@example.com to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices (either full-time or part-time), employees conducting sales work in the field & employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.