Manager of Financial Reporting & Accounting
MakeSpace is looking for a Manager of Financial Reporting & Accounting to help revolutionize the $38 billion storage industry. With our full-service experience, forward-thinking tech, & easy-to-use app, were making space more accessible to everyone. Join us as we help people live more spacious lives in 31 cities across North America (and counting).
Were looking for a Manager of Financial Reporting & Accounting to join the Accounting team. Reporting to our Controller you will play a key role in the day-to-day operations of our accounting & finance team to support the continued growth of the company. In addition to the main responsibilities such as preparing financial statements representing the many segments of our global business & coordinating the submission of regulatory filings & taxes, you will be implementing & providing guidance on improvements to our procedures & controls.
You can expect to:
- Prepare financial statements & disclosures for external financial reporting including quarterly & annual regulatory filings ensuring compliance with all reporting & disclosure requirements
- Play a leading role in the monthly consolidation & accounting across multiple legal entities & currencies
- Implement systems & processes to ensure compliance & continuous improvement of accounting & reporting requirements
- Prepare & file reports required by various regulatory agencies including tax reporting & licensing
- Lead technical accounting research & documentation of new policies & procedures
- Coordinate with external auditors & the support the financial audit process
- Support various ongoing & ad-hoc projects or initiatives
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting
- CPA Required
- Big 4 experience preferred
- 6+ years of progressive accounting experience in a fast paced environment including private & public companies
- Experience in SEC reporting
- Strong written & verbal communicator
- Advanced technical accounting knowledge
- Exceptional planning & organization skills
- Experience designing & implementing policies across multiple legal entities & currencies
- A reliable, stable internet connection is required
- Base salary & a 401(k) with matching
- Generous PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work)
- Competitive parental leave policy
- Multiple health care options including fully paid plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts & Commuter benefits
- Team happy hours, events, & social clubs
- Free MakeSpace storage so you can take back your closet
MakeSpace culture is built on collaboration & innovation. Theres tons of room to grow & opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industryand have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us knowand join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.