The Project Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for refurb engineering of assigned products through process design & development, implementation, & improvement utilizing knowledge & experience in product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, & materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators by performing the following duties.
- Develop & validate new product refurb processes through active participation in new product & process design review
- Drive refurb process fixture & equipment design, develop, & document the standard operation process
- Perform refurb-BOM review/scrubbing on mechanical & electrical components to ensure correct refurb-BOM structure & proper documentation
- Implement refurb processes, including training, guiding, & soliciting feedback from operation team
- Prepare refurb process & product reports by collecting, analyzing, & summarizing information/trends & feedback to design/management team
- Be accountable for end-to-end refurb projects through product life cycle, including NPI, mass-production, & EOL till end of support
- Assure refurb product quality by effective tests, to confirm refurb operation, fabrication, assembly, & installation processes
- Develop & maintain labor standards & provide industrial engineering support to warehouses & logistics, as required
- Utilize tools such as SPC, DoE, BOM structure analysis, etc. to effectively improve productivity & reduce wastes
- Drive functions to improve product quality & reliability, including supplier quality improvement & return to vendor programs
- Good analytical, problem solving & decision-making skills to troubleshoot, diagnose, & overview of the entire refurb process & the ability to train others
- Read, analyze & interpret common scientific & technical journals; Write reports, business correspondence & procedure manuals; effectively communicate with managers & employees of the organizations
- B.S. or M.S. in Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in high volume manufacturing factory (Consumer Product Integration); CM or EMS experience highly preferred
- Proficient of CAD/CAM software (AutoCAD, SOLIDWORKS) & drafting procedures
- Proficient of 3D Printing, Laser cutting/marking equipment for rapid prototype process
- Strong knowledge in Robot/PLC programing for manufacturing automation
- NPI/turnkey project transfer experience
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brands immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.