Feather is redefining furniture rental for city living & helping people feel at home no matter where they live or how long they plan on staying. By giving people smarter options, Feather is able to keep more furniture in homes & out of landfills.
Feather is seeking a Senior Accountant as part of the Finance Team. We are looking for candidates who are hands-on & up for the challenge of building & monitoring the accounting framework that will serve every financial reporting need for Feather.
What youll do:
- Verify, post & reconcile accounts payable, credit cards, bank statements, & other balance sheet accounts
- Work with vendors & internal staff to address billing inquiries
- Analyze financial information & summarize financial status
- Spot errors & suggest ways to improve efficiency & spending
- Review & recommend modifications to accounting systems & procedures
- Provide input into the finance teams goal setting process
- Assist in the preparation of financial statement reporting packages
- Assist with the audit & ensure proper record retention
- Perform monthly fluctuation analysis
- Support month-end & year-end close process
- Develop & document business processes & accounting policies to maintain & strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Liaise with the entire accounting team to improve financial procedures
What you have:
- An eagerness to join a fast-paced environment at a growing & evolving company
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or comparable discipline
- 37 years of relevant accounting experience.
- Experience with general ledger functions & the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like Bill.com, Expensify & Sage Intacct
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups & pivot tables
- Ability to work independently & as part of a larger team, & own every challenge no matter the size of the task.
- Ability to communicate fearlessly & effectively with both internal & external stakeholders.
- Relevant certification (i.e. CPA) preferred but not required
What you'll get when joining Feather:
- Competitive compensation
- Health, vision, dental, & life insurance
- Access to 401(k), commuter benefits, & HSA/FSA
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- A monthly stipend to support remote work
- A 50% discount on your own Feather subscription
- The latest hardware to get the job done