Magnite is the worlds largest independent sell-side platform. We were built by combining Rubicon Projects programmatic expertise & Telarias talents in CTV. We help publishers sell advertising on their terms & connect with buyers across every channel & format. We believe in keeping tech transparent, solutions collaborative, & guidance unconflicted. The ticker symbol for the combined public entity is NASDAQ: MGNI.
The Director, Financial Reporting will support the companys external financial reporting processes & will function as a key resource for technical accounting matters. This hands-on position will have responsibility to help drive the companys SEC reporting processes, including planning, preparation, & review procedures & controls associated with SEC forms such as Form 10-Qs, 10-Ks, 8-Ks, 8-K/A, & Form 4s. The Director, Financial Reporting will partner with multiple internal constituents (Legal, Investor Relations, HR, FP&A, Oracle Systems, GL, Tax, & International Teams) & external auditors. The position requires working cross-functionally with to obtain information, verify data & schedules, & accurately communicate financial results in the companys SEC filings & any other external reporting sources. The position will also be responsible for ensuring that GAAP principles are properly applied, researching technical accounting questions & providing guidance on accounting pronouncements.
The position will work closely with external auditors. The Director, Financial Reporting reports to the VP, Financial Reporting. Magnite seeks an individual who is eager to learn & grow as demonstrates leadership capabilities in a financial statement reporting & equity role. We are looking for someone who has a strong technical foundation in accounting & equity management while demonstrating attention to detail & desire to dive-in & roll-up your sleeves to gain a solid understanding over the company, the industry in which the we operate in, & what financial results, financial trends, & key financial & investor metrics say about our business.
What you will be doing:
- Own the planning quarterly earnings process, including managing earnings calendar
- Review and/or prepare quarterly & annual consolidated financial statements, including the income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement, equity rollforward & financial statement footnotes
- Assist with the preparation of other Form 10-Q & Form 10-K sections, including the MD&A, & updating financial information in risk factors
- Complete the disclosure reporting checklist & ensure the company is in compliance with SEC reporting requirements, including assessing the impact of new accounting pronouncements
- Review & or/prepare the disclosure support binder for earnings releases on Form 8-Ks, earnings calls scripts, annual proxy statements, & other SEC forms, & other ad-hoc financial information, ensuring accuracy & consistency of financial information & relevant metrics
- Stay abreast of changes & activities in the Company & the industry to ensure that their effects are properly reflected in the SEC filings
- Review XBRL tagging
- Liaise closely with external auditors to manage & complete financial statement audits
- Be the primary resource for technical accounting
- Prepare & maintain accounting policy memos related to financial reporting & equity areas
- Support merger & acquisition processing, including managing to equity & acquisition accounting
- Responsible for preparing Form 8-K/A associated with significant mergers & acquisitions, including preparation of pro forma financial statements & related footnotes
- Responsible for project management associated with merger & acquisition integration related to financial reporting
What we look for:
- Be open-minded & flexible to additional responsibilities to perform & assist in other accounting functions & special projects
- Minimum 8+ years accounting experience required
- Prior role with responsibility for SEC filings in a public company required
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA required
- Flexible on industry, but the preference is for internet/media/technology experience
- Excellent proficiency in technical accounting, SEC requirements, & US GAAP, including business combination accounting, equity/option accounting
- Experience with Securities Act of 1933 related filings
- SOX, policies, & controls experience required
- Experience with equity accounting
- Experience with Workiva a plus
- Experience with Oracle a plus
- Strong attention to detail & a high degree of accuracy
- Ability & commitment to meet strict deadlines with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication & language skills, particularly writing skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent work ethic & highest level of integrity
- Team-oriented work style
- Career growth opportunities: We encourage you to carve your own path across the organization & provide opportunities to grow professionally
- Take time for yourself: We offer an unlimited vacation policy & encourage you to refresh yourself as you need. In addition, we observe 11 National Holidays & close down the last 8-10 days of the year for a paid Holiday Break!
- Stay healthy: Choose from a variety of low cost medical, dental, & vision plans to cover you & your loved ones with a multitude of options. In addition, we offer Basic Life & Disability Coverage provided at no cost to you
- Perks: Discounts to major name brand items, Travel benefit options, plus much more!