As a Content Localization Specialist, you will undertake several projects to improve the quality of German content presented to Squarespace users. You will work directly with the Product Business Development team & strive to give our users a native experience across all platforms. In this position you will primarily liaise with colleagues in Dublin, Ireland & New York, USA.
This role will report into our Content Localization Lead & we are open to remote candidates that reside in the Republic of Ireland.
Please note that resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
- Improve the quality of German content & review in context (Linguistic QA)
- Research industry-specific terminology to improve our glossary
- Review language feedback from Squarespace users & employees
- Implement SEO improvements
- Update voice & style guides
- 3 years of hands-on content localization experience both in web content & marketing content
- German native speaker with English fluency, who has experience with business English
- Degree in a relevant field (German language, Journalism, Linguistics) or vocational training (fremdsprachenkorrespondent) with expertise in the German culture
- Passion for translations, peoples, & languages
- Experience with online translation software & ticketing systems (Smartling & JIRA a plus)
- Interest in building a technical skill set in HTML & Markdown -- prior knowledge of either a plus, but not required
- SEO & content strategy skills a plus
- Availability to engage on a contract for 1 year
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.