Purpose builds & supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, & habitable world. We use public mobilization & storytelling to help leading organizations, activists, businesses, & philanthropies engaged in this fight, & we create campaigning labs & new initiatives that can shift policies & change public narratives when it matters most.
To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, & political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy & powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, & ultimately drives targeted action & creates lasting impact.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Purpose is seeking a Senior Campaign Director with a commitment to our mission to join our internationally diverse campaigns team.
This senior level role will be responsible for leading the global campaigns teamsupporting & cultivating the campaigns practice at Purpose. The Senior Campaign Director will serve as the principal on campaign projects, & campaigning Labs, & be responsible for proactively seeking out new ways to grow the business,
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of work experience with a demonstrated track record leading large campaigns teams, a portfolio of campaigns & other complex projects, & an enthusiasm for fundraising & managing & developing funder & client relationships. You should also have a strong equity lens that you apply to your work on a daily basis.
We're looking for team leaders with passion, a sharp mind, high integrity, a hands-on attitude, & an entrepreneurial, problem-solving spirit.
This role could be based in Purposes New York City or London offices.
This role is offered at the Senior Director tier, with a salary range of $110,000 to $150,000 (commensurate with experience) + benefits, in addition to commission-based incentive structures. Purpose deeply values professional development, & there are many opportunities for growth in this role.
Campaigns Development & Team Leadership:
- Set strategy & direction for the global campaigns team in partnership with local campaign leads to build the campaigns practice including, skills building, methodology development, & training & learning
- Collaborate with other leadership team members to drive innovation in campaigning, & building & prototyping new campaigns offerings
- Lead the implementation of impact measurement, learning & evaluation processes throughout our campaigns practice
- Provide decision making, oversight & troubleshooting capacity on a number of programs being executed simultaneously
- Manage multiple people with their long-term career in mind; develop their skills as managers; proactively seeks unofficial mentorship opportunities; & create an open environment for two-way feedback
- Set the standard & model leadership on internal & external projects through strong expectation management, direction & delegation; & fosters ownership & commitment in others
Project & Program Leadership
- Serve in a leadership role on large campaigns projects, & across campaign labs
- Build strong teams that deliver innovative & compelling campaigns for clients, in partnership with funders & other key stakeholders
- Provide oversight on budget, staffing, & high level deliverables
- Become a trusted advisor for senior client contacts with the ability to steer stakeholders towards stronger outcomes & negotiate persuasively to create solutions that address the interests of others
Partnership Management & Business Development:
- Develop, pitch & lead on large campaign project & labs business development opportunities
- Integrate into the partner outreach process & identify engagement opportunities for campaign collaboration
- Effectively manage partnerships with individuals, organizations & corporations
- Grow the business pipeline by proactively identifying leads & securing partnerships that help to reach fundraising revenue targets
- Build new relationships with relevant external stakeholders
- 10+ years work experience in a campaign role, ideally from a leading consultancy/agency, electoral campaign, or non-profit advocacy organization, serving as a lead representative with partners & stakeholders, including senior leadership of major foundations, NGOs, & corporations
- Track-record of having built & sustained a team culture
- Experience building partnerships with corporates, philanthropists, & government
- Experience with client services and/or business development & lead generation
- A global sensibility, global issue & policy expertise and/or global work experience
- Demonstrated track record of leading complex projects with multidisciplinary teams in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience managing large-scale campaigns from concept through execution, including developing & executing campaigns across channels, including earned & paid media, content-led strategies, & direct action
- Experience running campaigns that emphasize experimentation & scaling of success to achieve measurable impact
- A history of working in partnership to cultivate relationships at large advocacy organisations
- Excellent writing & communication skills
- High bar for quality, rigor, & integrity in your own work, as well as your colleagues
- Deep commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion
If these are the things that get you up in the morning, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume & a cover letter that gives us insight into your passion & qualifications for the role.
Purpose is an equal opportunity employer. Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities & backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger & most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People of color, LGBTQ individuals & people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.