Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, & thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
About the Role
Cockroach Labs is looking for a Manager of Commercial Sales, East Region to join our outstanding sales organization. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing & motivating a team of Commercial Account Executives & measured by your team's overall quota attainment, new business acquisition, & expansion into existing customer accounts. You will provide strategy, mentorship, & guidance for your team, who are responsible for driving new business through the full sales cycle. The ideal candidate can scale an effective high-velocity sales process & is exceptional at inspiring customers & prospects through a sales cycle.
- Manage, coach, & scale a team of Commercial Account Executives
- Guide a team in achieving & exceeding monthly, quarterly, & annual targets
- Monitor high-velocity sales performance: activity, pipelines, forecasts, & closed deals to ensure quota attainment
- Manage the sales funnel from prospect to close & create metrics to improve performance
- Drive lead penetration, high activity standards, & pipeline management
- Develop a strong understanding of CockroachDB & value proposition within the market
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales Engineering, & Customer Success to maximize revenue growth
- Have the ability to build strong relationships with customers & key stakeholders
- Partner with Recruiting in the hiring & interviewing process, as well as training & ramp-up of new team members
In your first 30 days, you will learn about CockroachDB & become proficient in the product. We believe that it is necessary for you to build this foundation so you can successfully engage with existing accounts & grasp sales strategy. Upon completion of your first month, you will have developed an initial strategy to achieve the revenue goals.
After 60 days, you'll be competent in pipeline best practices, sales process & forecasting. You will work with your manager to set the relevant OKRAs to reach yours & your teams sales goals. You will also have started closing smaller size or existing deals that are already in flow.
After 3 months, you will have started doubling the commercial teams pipeline & will be working on closing some of your later stage opportunities while targeting more complex deals. In addition you will start to build a clear view of current & next quarters deals & the prioritization of the key deals to ensure success. A more detailed strategy plan is expected based on the knowledge acquired over the initial 3 months. This will be worked on in partnership with the VP of Sales for the Americas.
As you gain momentum at Cockroach Labs, you will also increase your sales pipeline, improve win rates & develop a strong team culture & to help grow the overall revenue of Cockroach Labs.
- 8-10+ years overall experience in technology sales
- 1+ year experience as a high-growth SaaS leader/manager leading a hybrid inside/field sales team
- Passion for coaching, mentorship, & team management with evidence of managing high-performance teams
- Strong track record of achieving sales targets across teams & individually
- Experience managing & coaching through the full sales cycle from prospecting to closing
- Experience & are comfortable leveraging sales methodologies
- Experience using Salesforce for accurate forecasting
- Experience in hiring & training talent at scale
- Ability to function in a Player/Coach capacity
- Ability to travel as needed
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Reporting to Matt Vaughn, RVP of Sales at Cockroach Labs
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse & inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.