Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America's largest independent game developers with close to600employees & over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company'sgames have reachedmore than200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead byDaylight, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world's most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney,Netflix,Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, & many more.For more information:bhvr.com.
The Technical Artist is essential to ensure that technology, tools & processes are in place to realize the artistic vision of a project. They work with the creative team to explain the capabilities & limitations of the technology, as well as with the technical team to promote the needs of artists & find multiple solutions to technological issues.
- Acts as a resource person for the team members to determine the technical impact of the artistic vision;
- Simplifies production by finding ways to automate tasks & improve processes;
- Develops best practices, solutions & tools in order to solve problems;
- Promote the reuse of assets, know-how & tools across multiple projects;
- Ensures that the team has the technical expertise to do the work required in the project;
- Seeks to constantly push the limits of technology;
- Establishes strong communication between the creative & technical teams;
- Finds innovative solutions & demonstrates expertise in the field of technical optimization to produce the best visual results possible within the limits of technology equipment;
- Ensures the synchronization of art related technologies & tools with the Montreal studio;
- Strong comprehension of the rendering pipeline in order to gauge the impact on performance.
- Degree in Fine arts, Computer science or Engineering;
- 2 years of experience related to 3D modeling, textures, frames, animation, lighting, special effects & scripts;
- Technical Knowledge in real time 3D graphics & digital content creation pipeline;
- Realtime & pre-calculated lighting knowledge;
- Good communication skills
- Experience in video game industry;
- Understanding of scripting & programming (Python & Mel, materials & shaders, an asset);
- Experience in creating & deploying versions & production processes;
- Experience with commercial 3D tools (Maya, 3ds Max, Substance);
- Mandatory experience with Unity (other game engines will be considered an asset);
- Understanding rendering hardware on multiple platforms, specifically mobile devices, PC & current generation consoles;
- Fluent in English & French
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.