Moda Operandi is looking for a customer-centric Principal Technical Product Manager to play a critical role on the product team based in our NY office, & reporting to the COO.
You'll be instrumental in shaping the vision, defining the roadmap & driving the execution of new product features that will help strengthen the relationships between the technology & supply chain operations teams. You will also initially oversee integration of our new 3PL partner.
This is an ideal position for a senior individual contributor with a background in ecommerce retail, supply chain, or logistics.
As Principal Technical Product Manager, you will:
- Refine the supply chain & enterprise product strategy, define & execute against a clear product roadmap to increase critical metrics for success.
- Make product decisions that are rooted in data
- Move with agility to define, design & release iteratively great products that delight our customers, leveraging A/B testing & continuous customer feedback collection
- Work closely with engineering, building viable products that can scale
- Consider product marketing & messaging
- Structure, manage, recruit & inspire other product managers as appropriate
Primary Responsibilities & Duties
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as primary product expert & evangelist for our inventory & supply chain teams, driving this channel to meet prioritized customer & business KPIs
- Lead an agile execution process from conception, requirements gathering, design, development, & testing through to launch & beyond
- Partner with a team of skilled engineers, designers & consumer insights to set the high-level vision & roadmap, including developing new feature ideas & on-shore & off-shore tech resources
- Create & maintain product roadmaps, feature backlogs & product documentation such PRDs, user stories, use cases, user flows, logic flows, & functional specifications
- Coordinate & run A/B testing of new features, rapidly validating or disproving them, informed by user data, customer needs, business potential, & technical feasibility
- Prioritize development activities with engineering teams, assist in determining the best technical implementation methods, work closely with QA on acceptance testing & lead product launches
- Work closely with consumer insights resource to cultivate a deep understanding of the user - both pre-purchase & post-purchase
- Leverage qualitative & quantitative insights & testing results in order to continually inform the product development process
- Conduct ongoing competitive analysis of other sites, apps, & products to continually identify ways to improve our user experience
- Participate in product performance benchmarking activities
- You are an experienced product leader, with a proven track record of fostering a shared vision by building consensus on product roadmap priorities that help meet our company target KPIs.
- You are data- & evidence-driven, & an excellent communicator who can work well cross-functionally with engineering, & business functions. You always keep the customer at the center of all considerations.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 8+ years of product management experience
- A strong track record of envisioning & bringing innovative digital products to market from within either (or both) a consumer-driven online company or an agency environment
- Previous experience with logistics or supply chain management
- Experience using SQL, Snowflake, & Looker
- Proven emphasis on user-driven product design & data-driven product refinement.
- Excellent leadership, communication & presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical problem solving & decision making skills.
- Ability to quickly understand, simplify, internalize & communicate complex or technical concepts.
- Experience working in scrum/agile management methodologies preferred
- Experience with user research, A/B testing, & other techniques to validate & inspire ideas.
- Resourceful, ability to understand that constraints breed creativity, & you thrive in an environment that includes limited resources.
- Collaborative & a passion for digital products - not just the way they work but how they feel to the end user.
- Have a point of view & be an active listener.
About Moda Operandi
Moda Operandi is an e-commerce platform transforming the way people discover & shop for designer fashion. Through its innovative mix of commerce & content, Moda allows women & men to shop for whats new & whats next in designer fashion from the worlds leading emerging designers & luxury brands. Founded in 2010, Moda Operandi's mission is to make it easy for designers to grow their businesses & consumers to realize their personal style. Today, Modas platform carries more than 1,000 brands & designers across fashion, fine jewelry & home, ships to 125 countries, & has raised nearly $300M in funding from top-tier global investors.