Quartet is a pioneering healthcare technology company striving to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. We connect people to a personalized care team to get them the right care at the right time. Our collaborative technology platform & range of services brings together physicians, mental health providers, & insurance companies to effectively improve patient outcomes & drive down healthcare costs. Backed by $153MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners & Centene Corporation, Quartet is headquartered in NYC & is currently operating in several markets across the United States Pennsylvania, Washington, Northern California, New Jersey, North Carolina, Louisiana, & Illinois.
About the team & Opportunity:
Quartets Data Platform team uses cutting-edge data engineering frameworks to help solve one of the most urgent problems in our society.
Data Platform Engineer is a cross-cutting role that involves handling both complex business problems & complex technology: our incoming data sources are crucial to guiding correct clinical decisions & creating a stellar product. You will build & scale systems that ingest, standardize, enrich, & load external healthcare data sources. You will also build data exploration & munging infrastructure to support our growing data integration team.
Working with analysts, data scientists, clinicians, & product managers, you will collaborate across the company on our shared mission.
- Design & implement systems & features that can scale in both size & logical complexity
- Work closely with Data Integration to help them onboard new customers as quickly as possible
- Work closely with Product Management, Data Science, & Business Intelligence to develop features to be used in our applications & our predictive models
- Become a knowledge resource on the use of healthcare claims data around the organization
- Mentor & be mentored by engineers of varied experience levels & subject matter areas
- Take pride & ownership of the code & build high quality software
- 2 - 5+ years of hands-on experience with Python (ideally PySpark)
- Experience architecting solutions within a cloud-hosted infrastructure; we use AWS S3, EC2, EMR, Redshift
- Experience with distributed computing & orchestration frameworks; we use Apache Spark & Airflow
- Experience writing & productionizing complex data transformations in SQL & related frameworks
- Strong oral & written communication, including experience writing detailed design proposals
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of health systems & technologies, especially involving healthcare claims data
- Strong background in statistics
- Experience working with statisticians & machine learning experts
- Track record of enabling non-technical users to self-serve on data integration platforms
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, catered lunches, snacks, team events & outings, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental leave, commuter benefits, 401K, stock option grants, gym benefits.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team.
Quartet is committed to building a diverse team & fostering an inclusive culture, & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace & encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, & other characteristics. Headhunters & recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Quartet does not accept unsolicited headhunter & agency resumes. Quartet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Quartet.
Please note: Quartet interview requests & job offers only originate from quartethealth.com email addresses (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Quartet will also never ask for bank information (e.g. account & routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Quartet, please notify us at: email@example.com.
Have someone to refer? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit their details to us.