Squarespace is seeking a Facilities & Workplaces Services Engineering Lead who will be responsible for managing the day-to-day office facilities & infrastructure operations within the Squarespace occupied space at our NYC location.
The right candidate will act as a subject matter expert & technical advisor reporting directly into the Facilities & Workplace Services Manager. This role will be responsible for all mechanical & maintenance related services & activities within our space to ensure a fully operational, safe & clean environment that lends itself to motivating our exceptionally talented team. In this job, no two days are ever the same. Youll thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment & will use your knowledge, diligence & creativity to promote an engaging & award winning office culture.
- Main point of contact responsible for management & supervision of all maintenance related items including but not limited to MEP building & office infrastructure, finish maintenance, janitorial services, etc.
- Lead the repair & maintenance program, including but not limited to conducting regular reviews, KPI checklists, short & long term planning for maintenance, repairs, & capital improvements, report analysis, etc.
- Assist the Facilities & Workplace Services Manager in developing/maintaining budgets & RFP of contract services.
- Assist with the creation & implementation of standard operating procedures (electrical/ cooling tower shutdown, etc.)
- Develop, maintain, & organize all critical spare part inventory, attic stock, blueprints, closeout documents, etc.
- Proactively manage day-to-day facilities operations & work closely with our internal teams to ensure that all facilities related activity is performed in an organized, timely & professional manner
- Lead safety programs & continually develop sustainability & utility usage analysis
- 5+ years of office management/facilities experience demonstrating progressing responsibilities
- Read & interpret technical documents including but not limited to blueprints, as builts, renderings, submittals, user manuals, etc.
- Working knowledge of electrical wiring & components, steam, water, & mechanical systems including but not limited to cooling towers, chemical water treatment, BMS systems, domestic water pumps, walk in freezers, Ketra Lighting, etc.
- Demonstrated experience leading negotiations with external vendors
- Adept problem-solving skills & meticulous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, both written & verbal
- Ability to work cross-functionally & communicate effectively with high level management, while accommodating agent & employee requests with utmost courtesy
- Non-business Hours Coverage - on call for all emergencies (monitor BMS, etc.) & able to occasionally work non-business hours to support projects & events
- Computer literacy, specifically using Google Apps, a must
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs & properly use a ladder, light carpentry & painting.
- Certifications - OSHA, P.E. etc., a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.