At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world's first marketplace of our kind & founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users & more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students & teachers across the world. If you haven't heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
Who we are looking for:
Were a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers & learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. Its the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, & focused effort. We want every day to be fun & to matter.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will play a crucial role in fulfilling TpTs vision to unlock the collective wisdom of teachers. SDRs will be responsible for direct outreach to school- & district-level administrators via phone & email with the goal of scheduling & facilitating calls with our team. The SDR will research & engage new school accounts, As needed, there may be opportunities to support with the on-boarding of new customers. SDRs will work closely with Account Executives (AEs) by setting phone meetings with qualified leads & potential customers at the school- & district-level.
- Initiate conversations with school & district administrators via phone & email to drive high-quality meetings for AEs.
- Build, maintain & exceed monthly/quarterly/yearly pipeline of potential school customers around forecast goals & defined objectives.
- Use Salesforce & other sales tools to thoughtfully engage Schools & track efforts.
- Report & share learnings with internal stakeholders.
- Support Account Management in addressing School needs/asks. This could include attending conferences, responding to Zendesk tickets, & facilitating user calls.
- Continuously develop job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks & participating in professional organizations.
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- A go-getter mentality & competitive spirit. You are motivated to crush both individual & team goals.
- Excited to talk to potential customers on the phone. You make a great first impression & can have a conversation with anyone. Connecting with people comes naturally to you.
- Respectful but persistent. You refuse to take no for an answer & take pride in day-to-day wins.
- A learner mindset & are open to coaching & development. We want someone that will take creative approaches in identifying new ways to engage & acquire schools.
- Flexible & positive. The team is experimenting, learning, & executing at a rapid pace. Were looking for someone with a can-do attitude & positive attitude..
- BA/BS degree.
- 0-2 years professional experience - ideally in lead generation.
- Experience in education (as an educator or at a company serving educators).
- Proficiency in Salesforce CRM.