IEX is looking for a Senior Accountant who will be responsible for various accounting functions. Responsibilities will include managing the accounting processes for IEXs new business lines & supporting IEXs overall business. This individual will have an eye towards continuous improvement, leveraging technology or other solutions to automate & scale our processes as they exist today.
This person will be a key member of the Accounting team, reporting directly to the Head of Accounting. The right person for this role will have a successful technical & analytical background & be a strong self-starter with a proven work ethic.
- Must have strong attention to detail; devotion to accuracy & data integrity
- Superior analytical & problem-solving skills; analytic creativity & insight
- Biased towards & experienced with automated solutions for manual tasks & processes
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, deadline driven atmosphere
- Must have excellent communication skills & the ability to develop effective working relationships across the companys operations.
- Must be highly organized & detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks at one time; the role is very hands on & requires someone who will roll up their sleeves.
What youll do:
- Assist in developing accounting processes & policies for various new business lines.
- Prepare analyses & journal entries to facilitate the month-end close.
- Directly responsible for all AP, AR, & GL functions within new business entities.
- Assist with the coordination of the annual audits of our various entities.
- Prepare supporting documentation as requested by audit firm & tax provider.
- Assist with ad hoc technical accounting research & documentation.
- Assist with managing quarterly investor relations information requests.
- 2-3 years of relevant accounting experience, experience at a Big 4 firm preferred
- Bachelors degree in Accounting; CPA or CPA candidate strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Strong Excel skills required
- Ability & initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Experience with NetSuite & Stripe a plus