WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a Senior Industrial designer for our Super Chewer team. Super Chewer is BARKs brand that makes toys & treats for dogs that looooove to chew. We are looking for a talented designer who can help innovate in the industry & bring a unique perspective, executed through strong technical skills & shown through good aesthetic. This position will help the brand expand into new product categories & retail spaces. The ideal person is eager to bring ideas to the market in a smart & impactful way. Oh, & you must love dogs. Like LOVE dogs.
- Own high-level products that require extensive research & development.
- Quickly generate ideas & through sketching, 3D modeling (Fusion 360, but open to providing other 3D programs), & quick prototyping.
- Inspire your peers with new ideation & brainstorming approaches.
- Successfully present & communicate concepts to the design, merchandising, & marketing teams.
- Conduct deep-dive market, materials, trend, & user research.
- Develop production-ready drawings & work with factories to enable design success & address technical issues in the development process.
- Push the boundaries with product design renderings & animations
- Provide ongoing insights & support for multiple product lines in development.
- You understand how to communicate volume & character through sketching & have a portfolio that exhibits a level of mastery in composition, color & silhouette.
- You have experience bringing a product from insight to design & production under your belt. Youre comfortable being nitpicky to make sure quality is maintained throughout the process.
- You know how to communicate creative notes clearly.
- You have the ability to show process & design thinking & and know how to translate form & branding through product.
- You have an understanding of a variety of materials & manufacturing processes.
- Former toy design experience (for dogs or for children) is a plus.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years professional experience in industrial design, toy design background preferred.
- Degree in Toy or Industrial Design.
- Proficient in CAD (Fusion 360, Solidworks, or Creo).
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Mainly Photoshop & Illustrator).
- Excellent communication skills & a demonstrated ability to work within interdisciplinary teams.
- Strong sketching & visualization skills.
- Motivated, self-sufficient with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Imaginative & fast thinker with the ability to quickly jump from one category to another.
- Have we mentioned you gotta love dogs?
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.