Harrys is looking for a talented, experienced software engineer to join our team to focus on building & improving the harrys.com web application & associated systems. The Harrys website serves millions of customers, so this is a great opportunity to do impactful work at a huge scale.
About the Team
The Engineering team at Harrys is responsible for building the software to support all e-commerce activities: from building customer-facing, responsive interfaces to tools for managing fulfillment & order processing. In the last year, our team built features like Mystery Item & browser payments, launched new body wash & soap products, launched our first new brand Flamingo using the JAM stack, built out a Pride campaign, held a Hackathon that produced some features like Quick Add, & did many more awesome things.
About the Role
Were looking for a software engineer who can help us build a direct to consumer brand experience that customers continue to love. Will also help define & build internal tools for the engineering organization. In this role, youll become a key contributor in building features in & improving our applications. Youll be working closely with product management & design teams to achieve business goals while driving engineering excellence & best practices in our engineering organization. Systems & software you build will help us serve thoughtful & delightful customer experiences in a way our retail competitors cannot.
What you will accomplish:
- Works effectively autonomously & collaborates within small teams as necessary to create high quality work products.
- Emerging leader starting to demonstrate ability to lead small teams through the delivery of defined deliverables.
- Inspires team to share ideas & creatively solve problems. When working autonomously, uses the opportunity to create clear & complete examples (exemplars), frameworks, or other auxiliary work products to enhance the ability of others to work autonomously or in collaborative teams.
- Work with all the engineers across the squads to ensure that our front-end code reflects our high standards of quality & practice.
- Work closely with Product & Design to ensure that user-facing features are executed in a way that accurately reflects the intention & eye for detail of those teams, while still applying our standards & rigor to that process.
- Build high-quality, high-value software, & be an advocate for front-end technologies across the engineering team.
This should describe you:
- You are a candidate or have a Bachelors in computer science, software engineering or similar (or have 2+ years of relevant work experience).
- Can demonstrate close working relationships with back-end engineers & understand how best to integrate a front-end toolchain into a modern web stack.
- Have a keen eye for design detail & have demonstrated they know how to build & maintain a healthy relationship with Product & Design teams.
- Hands-on experience with ES6 & Single Page Application Frameworks, React is a huge plus.
- Ideal candidate has experience working on NodeJS applications & TypeScript
- Someone who is excited about delivering high quality products.
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, & the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, & supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, theres nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously & ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the Director of the Foundations engineering team.
- Working with the new brands / tools engineering team.
- Cross-functionally working with our infrastructure services backend engineers.
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.