Betterment is a technology-driven financial services company that offers services for spending & saving, alongside its core investing & retirement solutions. Since 2010, Betterment has had one mission: to help people make the most of their money so they can live better lives. Using cutting-edge technology, Betterment empowers its hundreds of thousands of customers to manage their money for today, tomorrow, & someday through personalized, expert advice; automated money management tools; & tax-smart strategies that help keep taxes low. Learn more www.betterment.com.
About the Role:
The IT team works closely with all employees & across all of the technology they rely on every day. We are responsible for access management, SaaSops, traditional software, hardware, & the networking infrastructure at our offices. We are committed to automating as much as possible to make it easier for our staff to support themselves, while still providing them white-glove service. We are always looking at the latest tech to see how we can incorporate it into the business & working with Procurement to roll it out to staff. We work closely with Security to make sure our staff is kept safe from any zero-day exploits through our Mac-based management tool. We know the right tools & automation are a force multiplier for the continued success of a fast growing business.
In this role, you will be ITs first line of support for all help requests that come through our ticketing system. You will be assisting staff through email/Slack, Zoom, & when available, in-person at our NYC office. You arent shy to ask the team questions when you are stuck on a request. When you arent tackling requests, you are managing our inventory, preparing hardware for deployment, or taking advantage of our sandbox environments or development budget to learn how to use our tools to further enhance your skill set.
A Day in the Life
- Respond to service requests that come through the FreshService ticketing system
- Discover trending issues & making the team aware
- Managing our inventory & making sure high-valued assets are tagged & assigned appropriately
- Procuring, preparing, & shipping out hardware to staff
- Troubleshooting audio/visual problems in our conference rooms
- Assisting with onboardings
- Documenting new processes & procedures
- Attending conferences or classes to further your skills & knowledge
- Taking part in an on-call rotation
What Were Looking For:
- At least 1 year supporting a Mac environment, prioritizing a white glove experience, & educating where possible
- Must have very good verbal & written communication skills
- Understands the importance of documentation
- Always looking to automate
- Experience with iOS & Android troubleshooting
- Familiarity with Google Workspaces (formerly G-Suite) admin console
- Experience with using a ticketing system (e.g. FreshService, Zendesk, ServiceNow)
- Basic networking knowledge
- Know your way around Slack
- Nice to haves
- Basic knowledge of JAMF
- Basic knowledge of Meraki
- Experience with Bettercloud
- Know your way around Okta administration
- Experience working with e-waste vendors
- Familiarity with Confluence administration
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means belonging to a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your well-being, & continuing on a journey of non-stop growth & evolution.
Youll join a Community that Cares:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, & celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, & regular knowledge sharing, all occurring in a remote friendly way.
- Join one or more of our 8 Employee Resource Strategy Groups as a member or an ally, & help us shape Betterments culture & product for years to come.
Youll stay Happy & Healthy:
- We will ensure you're set up & cared for with a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, annual gym reimbursements & a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- Youll have unlimited paid personal & vacation days, & a team that cares about your whole life, not just what youre working on.
Youll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills & abilities through Betterment University courses & additional allowance for outside learning.
- As part of a team that values knowledge sharing & transparency you can opt into mentoring & career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, & show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to email@example.com
What Happens Next?
We expect to take a few weeks to review all applications. If we would like to spend more time with you, you will hear from us to arrange next steps. You can expect 3-4 sets of conversations, all remote, with your future colleagues in the weeks following your application.
Throughout the interview process, well look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, & motivators. Many of our interview questions will be behavioral, aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. We may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, depending on the role, as we aim to collect a robust set of data points throughout the interview process.
On average, it takes us around 4-6 weeks to complete the interview process. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision.
Please note that were unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process. We usually see 1,000+ applications for open positions, & our hiring team simply doesnt have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback to each candidate.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you giving us consideration as the next step in your career. Our Recruiting Team is here to support & advocate for you through the interview process, so please let us know how we can help.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.