Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Sr. Analyst to join our Network Optimization team in New york city.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform & a relentless focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselvesone that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role:
Oscar's Insurance Business oversees the growth, profitability, & management of Oscar's insurance products, including our industry leading Individual & Family Plan, our Medicare Advantage plan, & our Small Group plan - Cigna + Oscar. The Market P+L teams manage the growth & business economics of their regions. The team grows a set of relationships across our network of health systems, providers, & other healthcare organizations. The team strives to construct & improve Oscar's system, facility, & provider agreements, infrastructures, & relationships to ensure that our strategic vision, operational standards, partner quality goals, & financial interests are reflected in our network partnerships.
Within the P&L group, Network Optimization & Contracting Center of Excellence Team is responsible for: (1) providing analytics & coordination focused on securing regulatory & member experience adequacy in new & existing markets where Oscar provides insurance products; & (2) serving as a national center of excellence for all types of provider contracts, including facility, individual & group provider, value based, & vendor & ancillary. As a Center of Excellence, this team provides & enforces contracting guidelines/guardrails & constructs & maintains organizational (database) support for all provider contracts. This includes value based care arrangements. This is done in support of regional teams who maintain relationships with providers across the country.
You will report into the Manager of Adequacy.
- Network adequacy, frictions & gaps, & lead generation analysis & tool refinement. This includes building analytic models & querying in support of network optimization efforts, including Unit Cost Dilution modeling & tooling
- Value Based Care analysis & tool refinement. This includes building analytic models & querying in support of value based care contracting with our provider partners.
- Become SME for value based care analysis for Oscar.
- Work in partnership with legal, regulatory, finance, data, product, & regional P&L teams in pursuit of the above objectives.
- Demonstrate analytic & querying skills.
- Understands database architecture & is capable of running intermediate-level queries using SQL
- Collaboration - Successfully partners with other teams to build & implement new tools & processes.
- Able to summarize insights from operational data & reports. Independently conducts root cause analysis to diagnose issues & recommend solutions
- Project Management experience
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.