Flywheel Sports is seeking an energetic & dedicated Payroll Manager who will be responsible for full ownership of bi-weekly multi states payrolls for 1500+ employees. We know that its not all about the money, but ultimately we work to get paid. Payroll is critical, but something that doesnt get much thought until payday. As Payroll Manager, youll swim in payroll processes & love every minute of it!
Major Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Responsible accurate processing of high volume bi-weekly multi states payrolls thru ADP Workforce Now
- Review all computed wages by reviewing audit reports to correct errors prior to finalizing payroll processing
- Ensure all personal updates are reflected accurately for each payroll
- As payroll issues arise, work to resolve & implement procedures that mitigate future risks & errors
- Create, consolidate, & maintain all ADP payroll account codes
- Routinely partner with the People Operations team in regards to all company-wide changes. e.g. (New Hires, Status Changes, Parental Leave, etc.)
- Serve as the owner of all payroll data related reporting (e.g. Finance team requests, 401k, etc.)
- Maintain ad-hoc schedules e.g. (Severance, Parental Leave, Bonuses, etc.)
- Oversee the payroll reporting, including account reconciliation & variance analysis, to support business needs. Youll implement & establish controls to ensure the continued integrity of payroll & payroll tax reporting
- Partner with Finance & Accounting departments routinely to identity process deficiencies & work toward implementing improvements
- Ability & desire to step into any required special HR/Accounting/Systems projects
- Creates a service oriented environment to meet the needs of internal/external customers.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance (or equivalent work experience) & at least 5 years of multi-state payroll experience. If you know our industry, even better!
- Extensive knowledge of the ADP Workforce Now Platform
- Ability to own full-cycle multi-state payroll process for large population
- Technical chops: youll need deep understanding & experience with federal & state taxes, as well as high volume payroll processing skills
- Confident of being the final approver & owning the entire payroll process full cycle
- Capable of articulating data in a clear concise manner to senior management
- Knowledge of company equity excises & what needs to be done for payroll reporting purposes
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal & external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly & thorough