Hi, we're Oscar. As you may have heard we are launching a new business line in partnership with Cigna! You can read about it here & here. Were hiring an Operations Lead to join our Cigna + Oscar Business team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Weve just announced a strategic partnership with Cigna to jointly provide commercial health insurance to small businesses in select markets. The two companies will begin offering the product under the Cigna + Oscar brand in late 2020. The new offering will bring together the depth of Cignas experience & provider relationships with Oscars high-touch, consumer-facing approach to customer service & care navigation. Were committed to giving small business owners in these markets an affordable option that helps them & their employees save money & see the doctors they know & trust. Cigna + Oscar will make it easier for their employees to get appropriate care quickly & stay healthy.
You will be responsible for managing service readiness for Cigna + Oscar offering for all markets in 2020. You will serve as a counterpart to the Cigna + Oscar Launch & Expansion Lead & report into the SVP, Cigna + Oscar Business
- Manage operational roadmap for getting Oscar ready to service for late 2020 enrollment date
- Manage strategy, day-to-day, resourcing & prioritization for operations functions for Cigna + Oscar product line
- Functions include Member & Provider Product, Concierge, Member & Provider Services, Clinical, Claims, Provider Data, Risk Adjustment, Eligibility & Billing, CG&A, Telemed, Pop Health, BH Ops & CM, Renewals, Compliance, Legal
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders at Oscar & Cigna & work effectively together
- Own & manage Ops budget for the partnership
- You have Bachelors Degree or higher
- You have 7+ years of work experience in operational roles at renowned organizations with high quality bars
- You have experience in & enjoy managing large projects that require strong organizational skills & collaborating with a broad array of different teams within an organization
- You are a critical thinker who can distill complex concepts & regulatory requirements into easy to understand action items
- You have acute attention to detail & always strive for perfection when writing formal documents.
- You like building strong relationships with both internal & external stakeholders
- You have passion for healthcare & a knack for making processes more systematic
- You get things done, even if its crunch time
- Experience working in health insurance
- Experience working specifically in the Small Group segment in health insurance
- Experience in a tech/start-up environment
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.