Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo & Cat Person, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
Harrys is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays & lunch on Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
We are still requiring vaccinations for in-office employees. Reasonable accommodations due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief may be made.
About the Team
The People Team at Harry's is here to make Harrys a better place to do great work, grow our people, & build an innovative business. We are looking for enthusiastic, humble, & curious people-loving-people to join us!
About the Role
Youre here because you care about the people just as much as you care about the business. As a Senior People Business Partner, you will be a key leader for people development & org planning across the company & work closely with the senior leaders & people managers in your client groups. You will support leaders that report directly to the Enterprise CEO, partnering closely with the CFO, CTO, & CPO & supporting their teams.
Having a talented & agile Business Partner who understands how to navigate the complexity of a fast growth & ever changing environment will be crucial for our long term success. We need someone who can look around corners to make sure we are creating teams & processes that scale. This strategic & trusted advisor should be someone who cares a lot about culture & the people that form it; they will ensure we are maintaining & improving the elements that make Harrys special by fostering an environment of diversity & inclusion.
In true start-up fashion, this individual will have the opportunity to build, implement or run Learning & Development programs & processes with substantial impact. From performance review processes to training programs to internal mobility, we want our People Business Partner team to feel ownership over the processes & resources that help our team grow.
What you will accomplish:
- Oversee client group support for Finance, Legal, Strategy, IT, Engineering & People.
- Partner with your clients, People teammates & cross-functional collaborators to help support engagement activities, key people processes (promotion, compensation, calibrations, engagement survey), & org design.
- Develop key activities & programs focusing on engagement, recognition, growth & development, & performance management
- Create org structures & working models that will scale, working collaboratively with e-team & Directors to identify needs, pain points, communication strategies & succession plans.
- Coach current & new employees in their development, career pathing & ability to navigate & resolve tricky challenges.
- Make the outstanding leaders you support even stronger, by providing guidance, cross-functional perspectives & 360 degree feedback.
- Infuse & drive diversity practices into Harrys culture, values & engagement initiatives fostering an environment of inclusion & support.
- Build & own Learning & Development processes for the company
- Identify opportunities to use technology & automation wherever you see inefficiencies to make everyones lives easier & enhance overall communication between teams.
- Build compliance into all you do, including maintaining documentation around all employee relations & performance issues, off-boarding & legal matters.
This should describe you:
- People whisper & coach. You naturally build strong relationships at all levels. You are a sought after coach & thought partner for all employees.
- Earn trust quickly. You are honest, credible & a great listener.
- Good instincts on people. You consistently choose the best course of action, considering all impacts on people across the org.
- Business savvy. You quickly develop a deep understanding of business strategy & how we make money.
- Honest, direct & supportive in all communication.
- Life long learner. You love to teach & coach. You love learning new things & are not afraid to admit when you dont know an answer.
- Passionate, out of the box HR thinker. You design things that work for Harrys, not just what is standard.
- You have multiple years of applicable experience leading & working with teams & people.
Here's who you'll work with:
- Report directly to the VP of People to start & over time to the Director of People.
- Work regularly with the PBPs & Recruiters to attract & retain fantastic talent.
- Serve as People Business Partner directly supporting CTO, CFO, CPO & their teams.
- Build strong relationships & interact regularly with full Harrys team.
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.