Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
Agility: Adapting & thriving in a dynamic environment
Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About the Role:
1010data is searching for a dynamic, operations-focused Director, Strategy & Operations reporting to the CEO. The Director, Strategy & Operations will ensure the timely & accurate completion of multiple strategic initiatives occurring simultaneously. The person in this role will be responsible for providing analytical support, consulting & cross-functional implementation leadership for key strategic initiatives. As the CEOs trusted partner, the role requires a highly resourceful individual with a strong business background who must display emotional intelligence, be a creative thinker, & an influential collaborator, with exceptional analytical skills.
In this role, you will gain hands-on experience in how to run a SaaS company. This role will give you a front-row seat in how a company leadership team works. The role has tremendous career growth opportunity, with the prospect to evolve into an indispensable member of the executive team.
The successful candidate will minimize customer disruption, & enhance customer perception of the companys value proposition, including products & services.
*** Note: this is a "roll up your sleeves" organizational role; the successful candidate is expected to perform all functions from administrative processing to leading change initiatives.
What you will take on:
- Identify & lead cross-functional, high-impact projects as directed by the CEO (e.g. pricing, cloud migration, M&A, etc)
- Work with & coordinate among effected functional executives
- Implement, coordinate, & improve software company best practices, across all functional areas
- Create a playbook to drive execution of strategies into action
- Manage & complete the successful implementation of strategic initiatives that enable revenue growth and/or accelerate company profitability & efficiency
- Determine, track, & report metrics that measure the successful implementation of various strategic projects & initiatives
- Act as a surrogate for the CEO in attending important meetings, calls or events that the CEO is not able to attend
- Proactive identification of issues that could impact the success of the company & work with leadership in resolving such issues
- Identify & elevate those issues about which the CEO should be aware & framing/positioning ideas to resolve the problem/mitigate the risk.
- Act as the company representative & voice of the CEO with external parties to resolve these issues & mitigate risk (e.g. Be the executive lead responsible for de-risking strategic customers at risk
- Partner with the CEO & CFO on any post-M&A activities to drive acquisition integration
- Coordinate interactions amongst & support to the CEO & executive leadership team as needed (e.g. lead on setting agendas for executive offsites & establish communication cadence)
- Act as portfolio company point of contact for interactions with the parent company, including all strategic initiatives
- Coordinate board meeting preparation
- Assist leadership team in the development of content & effective communication
What you will bring:
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelors degree; MBA highly preferred
- 6-8+ years of experience in increasingly responsible positions in consulting and/or strategy
- Operations experience with multiple assignments involving Mergers & Acquisition integration; software industry experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated competency with implementing business processes & activity-based metrics involving leading success indicators
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, & flexible
- Ability to work cross functionally & build team processes
- Experience working across matrixed organizations
- Solid project management skills, having managed & successfully delivered multiple, complex projects on-time & on-budget
- Established business & financial acumen
- Robust analytical & quantitative skills, as well as attention to detail
- Resilient in the face of competing demands & conflicts
- Demonstrated success in a high pressure, dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Proficient ability to drive change in a matrixed environment
- Executive presence, relationship building, strong decision-making skills
- Well-developed written & verbal communication skills including the ability to present to executive management & board of directors
- Open to travel
1010data makes big data discovery easy; we power sub-second responses to run analyses on trillions of rows of data. 1010data is defining the way the world interacts with data.
An essential tool to more than 850 of the worlds top companies including The New York Stock Exchange, Dollar General, P&G, Sams Club, Nespresso, Barnes & Noble, & RiteAid; the 1010data platform is a highly differentiated product that is becoming the industry standard for big data discovery & data sharing.
With petabytes of data in our private & public clouds, 1010data is designed to scale to the largest volumes of granular data, the most disparate & varied data sets, & the most complex advanced analytics. All while delivering lightning-quick system performance.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.