Compass is streamlining the home buying & selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology & personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 18,000 of the countrys top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell & rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, & have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
- Our Strategic Growth team is the face of the company & the engine of our market expansion. As a Strategic Growth Manager, you are directly responsible for driving net-new revenue.
- In its simplest form, the SGMs role is to bring top producing agents to Compass by effectively selling the Compass value proposition (technology, marketing, culture & growth). Successful SGMs influence top agents to leave their current brokerage & join Compass. Since every agent is an independent contractor they can take their business wherever they receive the best value & support.
- The role is similar to an Enterprise Sales role due to size of deal, complexity of sale, objection handling, negotiation & length of process. The refreshing part of this sale is that you are working directly with decision-makers, thus eliminating many of the hassles of selling to large corporations.
- This is a quota carrying role. Your quota per quarter is metricd by the amount of Gross Commission Income (GCI) you successfully bring to Compass. GCI is a way to quantify an agent & equates to the amount of commission an agents produced in the prior 12 month period. Our deal size is anywhere from $200k - $3M+, with an average time to close at about 30 days.
- You can meet quota each quarter by bringing on a number of individual agents or large agent teams. Your quota is based on the prior 12 months performance of that agent or team. It is not contingent upon their future production once at Compass.
- You are tasked with helping agents understand why their business, & their clients, will benefit by moving to Compass.
- This is a more humanized sale than your average Enterprise Sales deal as you are dealing directly with decision makers. You can think of every agent as the CEO of their own business - with that comes a heightened degree of empathy needed to be successful in the sale, but also the ability for quick decisions.
- Think about a top producing agent whos been with a brokerage for 15+ years. Their personal & professional identity is often wrapped up in that brokerages brand. Successfully decoupling an agent from their prior brokerage takes outstanding patience, listening, agility & ultimate focus to get the deal done.
- The equally demanding need for high IQ & EQ in this role has resulted in an incredibly high performing & driven team of diverse backgrounds such as investment banking, management consulting, law & enterprise sales.
- By virtue of the space we are operating in, the talent on the team & the incredible momentum in our business, we are seeing our SGMs conservatively generate 15x more revenue per head than the top tech firms in the world.
- B.A. or B.S. with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, glass-half-full mentality
- Self-starter attitude & ability to exercise judgment & solve difficult problems without direct supervision
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively lead client meetings & presentations
- Highly organized; ability to multi-task & handle multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Track record of excellence across strategic, operational, & detail-demanding functional responsibilities
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.