About our company
MM.LaFleur is a fast-growing professional womenswear company based in New York City. We aim to be the go-to wardrobe solution for women of purpose & to take the work out of dressing for work. We celebrate professional women through our thoughtfully-designed clothing & highly personalized service model.
Who are we?
We're a group of entrepreneurs who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop & dress for work. We have a validated market & die-hard fans, a quickly growing revenue stream, & a smart & energetic team. We take our work (but never ourselves) very seriously. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clothes.We are incredibly proud of the team & culture weve built, & are intensely focused on maintaining & evolving this special thing weve got going on.
About this role
We are looking for a talented & data driven Director of FP&A to join our Finance team to directly support all financial decision-making & lead all forecasting & reporting for a high growth business with operations throughout the country. This position will report directly into the CFO.
What will you do?
- Define the Companys financial decisions, future strategy & growth plans
- Set overall growth targets for the Company
- Define key financial decisions & trade-offs
- Help us scale/transition from startup to enterprise. Part of this is maturing our planning processes, part is ensuring finance best practices spread through the organization
- Support any future fundraising efforts, debt financing and/or M&A processes
- Partner with cross-functional departments to assess growth opportunities & develop cost-saving initiatives.
- Transform the Companys business strategy into concrete plans & targets
- Prepare sophisticated budgets & forecasts, including P&L, cash flow, balance sheet projections & business plans
- Break down the overall strategy into measures, budgets & targets for individual departments
- Regularly evaluate the business performance against objectives/ targets & define & initiate corrective action if need be
- Forecast working capital requirements & align with Merchandising teams on inventory buys
- Monitor daily operations & reporting
- Define & track key business & financials metrics & benchmarks for the Company & individual departments
- Compare & analyze detailed budgets vs. actual & conclusions reached on significant variances; automate summary reporting
- Automate tracking of the Companys cash flow use insights to recommend timely actions
- Assist with creating financial presentations for quarterly board meetings
What skills do you have?
- Bachelors degree
- 2-4 years in consulting, investment banking or private equity, 6+ years of experience working in a financial role; operating experience preferred
- 2+ years of solid management responsibility
- Knowledge of public company financial reporting; CPA a plus
- Ambition & work ethic to succeed in a fast-paced startup environment; Experience with eCommerce, Retail or Manufacturing a plus
- General interest in MM.LaFleurs product, mission, & core customers