WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, & web. Customers, including Citi, Disney, Urban Outfitters, & Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands & consumers in a more authentic & human way. And we do it at scale each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 1.8 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100 list & as one of Magazines 2019 Best Places to work.
We are headquartered in New York with offices in London, San Francisco & Singapore. And we have 380 employees & are growing!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are looking for an External Reporting & Technical Accounting Manager that will build-out our financial reporting process. The manager will ensure that the Companys financial statements are prepared in accordance with SEC reporting & Sarbanes-Oxley Act requirements. This individual will also assist in developing & maintaining accounting policies & guidance in accordance with FASB requirements. This role will be a key contributor in preparing the Company for public readiness & work closely with the Accounting, Finance & Legal teams.
- Build out the Companys external financial reporting process, including SEC filings (Form 10Ks, 10Qs, etc.), XBRL & earnings releases
- Monitor & interpret new SEC & FASB Accounting Standards, research technical accounting issues & prepare memorandums to document the impact to the Company
- Prepare quarterly financial statements, including the Statement of Cash Flows
- Ensure companys accounting is in compliance with U.S. GAAP
- Assist with the preparation or review of stock-based compensation accounting, earnings per share & other equity accounting analyses, reconciliations & journal entries for month-end close
- Support the annual audit & preliminary activities with external auditors, as needed
- Partner with the accounting & finance department to create a high-performance team capable of meeting the Companys & the departments objectives
- Ad hoc projects & research as needed
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- 5+ years of experience in SEC Reporting
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization, from clerical staff to executives, & manage relationships with external parties
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP & Section SOX of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manages competing priorities, & adhere to tight deadlines
- 4+ years audit experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm
- SaaS or Technology industry experience
- Experience with 10Q/10K filings
- IPO Experience
- Understanding of NetSuite or other ERP systems
- Experience with Workiva or similar software solution
WHAT WE OFFER
Complete tech startup vibe including free daily lunches & snacks, group events & top of the line computer setup! A general feeling throughout the office that what you do matters everyday.
- Collaboration! Complete support of your teammates across all departments & a real get it done attitude for our customers.
- Excellent medical insurance & life assurance coverage for you & your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Daily catered lunches, snacks & beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial & fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.