Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Sr Director - Merchant Strategy will be a member of the NA Merchant Strategy & Operations team, which is responsible for regional & vertical-level strategy development & coordination, key strategic initiatives & planning, market research & strategic intelligence, & operational management & business planning for NA Merchant. Reporting to the Head of Strategy & Business Planning, this person will work closely across the NA Merchant leadership team as well as with key stakeholders both internal & external to the group. Additionally, this role will be responsible for supporting key global initiatives & projects & representing NA Merchant in cross functional working groups & committees.
- Act as a thought leader of Visa Merchant products & sales strategy, including the competitive space, both existing & emerging
- Build strong relationships with Senior Visa executives & NA Merchant AE leaders, & be able to influence & drive decisions at the executive level.
- Understand client needs & merchant trends, anticipate opportunities & challenges, collect & synthesize AE feedback & recommend proactive measures to support accomplishing group & vertical level targets.
- Direct & collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Analytics, Global Technology, Pricing, Corporate Strategy, Product & Finance.
- Collaborate with global & regional merchant strategy & solutions teams to share best practices, ensure consistency in annual planning & strategy-setting processes, & leverage product & analytic resources to drive efficiency & scalable results
- Lead projects related to NA Merchant's vertical strategies, business development, or key initiatives; manage the day to day project & team activities to meet project goals & timelines
- Structure & solve business problems, collaborating & coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders to make recommendations on a wide range of business issues
- Develop rigorous, fact based, quantitative analysis to support recommendations. Ensure strategic & financial soundness & alignment for any recommendations
Develop clear & concise executive level communications. Communicate recommendations to executive, functional, or regional staff & management in a clear, concise & impactful way
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 6 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12+ years of business experience, including 8 years of leadership experience in highly successful businesses that have a strong track record of client service, strategic development & execution. Experience at a top-tier management consultancy and/or a solid track-record of operating in an in-house corporate strategy role, coupled with managing operations of a function or business unit is a strong plus.
- Strong knowledge of payment industry products, services & technologies, eCommerce, & mobile technology is a plus.
- Experience in client-facing roles, having led senior client discussions & solutioning engagements with multiple key stakeholders, ideally including financial institutions (issuers or acquirers), large retailers/merchants, PSPs, technology providers, etc.
- A proven track record of delivering high impact results working on projects in the areas of corporate strategy, growth initiatives & new market/segment/business strategies
- Ability to structure & manage complex cross-enterprise projects & processes with multiple stakeholders
- Strong commercial & financial acumen; superior problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual & analytical rigor
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills to influence & build credibility as a peer with functional & regional leaders within Visa; team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic & flexible.
- Proactive & effective communicator - experienced at presenting information to all levels, with ability to facilitate group discussions & debate & proven ability to influence & communicate effectively across geographic & functional lines
- Creativity & resourcefulness to overcome unexpected roadblocks
- The ability to translate analytics, research, client/consumer needs into actionable plans & deliverables.
- An ability to challenge preconceived attitudes & behaviors & shape future thinking.
- Strong organizational skills & excellent verbal & written communication skills are required
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.