At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world & beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes & fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged & empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses & are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory & expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country & have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers & turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values & forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic & highly motivated team & work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact & make a difference every single day, then join us!
About the Role
As a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM), youll work hands-on with one or more engineering teams to plan & execute business initiatives, including A/B tests, feature/product launches & platform improvements. You will help bridge the gap between Product & Engineering in our more complex initiatives, empowering teams to bring ideas to life.
Product Owners at HelloTech focus on deciding what initiatives their squads should work on & why. Engineering Leads focus on deciding how initiatives are achieved & technical solutions TPMs work to manage the delivery of complex changes that typically go across multiple teams across HelloTech. You will work very closely with these teams to plan, communicate, problem solve & help product & engineering leads bring complex initiatives to life.
- Own complex initiatives that span across multiple squads
- Manage roadmaps, & support squad leads in maintaining their product backlogs/delivery schedules
- Identify & communicate risks that can affect timelines
- Measure process efficiencies & drive improvements
- Coordinate communication across multiple teams & projects
- Promote a culture of continuous learning, feedback & continuous improvement
- An excellent communicator: you are able to break down complex technical issues & share with stakeholders from across the business
- Comfortable discussing technical details of projects with squad leads & senior developers
- A structured thinker who can quickly understand a problem, identify a solution & envision a path to implementing it
- Keen on owning & solving process issues that hinder teams from delivering their best work
- 4+ years of working experience in an agile software development team as a technical project/program manager, delivery lead, or scrum master
- Worked with a range of agile frameworks, such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean, & Scrumban
- Experience using delivery metrics (Littles Law, Kanban, Accelerates Four Key Metrics) to plan projects, surface & fix problems with software delivery.
- Experience with documentation & work tracking tools like: Confluence, GitLab, JIRA
- Exposure to relational databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL), & comfortable with running simple queries to quickly pull insights from our data warehouse
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or, equivalent
Why you'll love it here:
- A competitive salary & company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh & Chefs Plate boxes
- Partial top-up for parental leaves
- We trust & support you - take ownership of your work & push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression & provide learning & development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Youll work with fun, energetic, & supportive teams.
- Weve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday & milestone celebrations, youll have plenty of opportunity to connect socially with teammates across the company.
When we return to the office:
To ensure the health & safety of our employees during COVID-19, our HQ employees are currently working remotely! When we return to the office, youll love:
- Our bright & functional space located in the heart of downtown Toronto
- Our test kitchen, where our recipes are tested on-site, so there are delicious meals constantly flowing!
- Our newly renovated employee lounge decked out with a movie projector, comfy couches, board games, a ping pong table, & local craft beer on tap!
- Our gorgeous rooftop patio, with a perfect view of the CN Tower while you enjoy lunch outdoors!
- Our fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, healthy & not-so-healthy snacks, sparkling water, cold brew coffees, & more. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? Hint: We love food!).
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building & nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills & experience, & strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, & People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender & sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer & is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.