Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Software Engineer - Cyber Security, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
Cybersecurity is at the beating heart of our business. Our diligence & expertise is what makes us the undisputed leader in electronic payments. We've made it our priority to create top-tier identity & access management teams, poised to defend us against any potential cyber threats.
We're looking for those of you who are inherently driven & fascinated by the art & science of cybersecurity. We'll equip you with the very best tools & tech so that you can deliver top notch results.
Continuous self-development underpins job fulfilment at Visa. As Senior Software engineer - Cyber Security, you will be enthused by getting stuck into various defence & security sector related projects, as well as the chance to work with top notch professionals to learn with & from.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Within Cyber Security, Identity & Access Management (IAM) is a key technology pillar at Visa, responsible for providing secure access governance to misc. payment related applications & services from a variety of users (employees, businesses & customers across).
- To stay ahead of the rapidly changing business landscape especially with Merger & Acquisitions (M&A), newer forms of access governance that go beyond the corporate perimeter are required.
- This role will have the responsibility for architecting, designing & developing solutions related to managing end to end lifecycle of user management.
- You will be responsible for working with business, operations, Testing as well as the other BAU support teams to ensure successful delivery of the projects. Primarily focusing on developing solutions in the IAM space.
- You will work & drive in this dynamic environment with a talented team, influencing & building the next generation technology stack related to IAM.
- Establish strong engineering best practices.
- Own Projects & implementation tracks from concept to production operationalisation.
- Lead the solution delivery of projects related to IAM solutions.
- Liaise with number of IT & business stakeholders & conduct design workshops & lead the code development
- Design, implement, deploy code & execute build processes
- Integrations with different type of applications both in-house & cloud based.
What we're after
- Good experience as a solid hands-on programmer/developer with specialisation in Java & J2EE.
- Experience in IT & development thereby able to demonstrate a high level of technical ability in software engineering skills
- Database: SQL (Strong SQL Skills)
- Experience with LDAP & AD
- Experience with Unix Systems (Solaris, AIX, Linux)
- Experience with web technologies: XML, SPML, SOAP, REST, HTML, Web & Application Servers.
- Desirable experience in developing & customising forms using Service Now
- Desirable experience in developing & customising any of the IAM solutions such as Sailpoint IIQ, OIM, TIM, Forgerock, etc...
Required Core skills
- Effective Communications: A staff manager with strong stakeholder & customer focus. Communicates well downward, upward, & outward, employing appropriate methods of persuasion when soliciting agreement & demonstrating both empathy & assertiveness when communicating a need or defending a position.
- Problem Solving: Uses varying problem-solving approaches & techniques as appropriate, developing successful resolutions to critical or wide-impact problems. Has the ability to organise potential problem solvers & lead problem resolution efforts, ensuring lessons learnt are captured.
- Simplifying Complex Concepts: Introduces technical terminology to listeners in the context of the product or service & explains important details as they relate to the basic value of the product or service. Approaches communication challenges from various angles to find the one that works.
- Team Work: Ability to lead & develop a team. Works comfortably with a wide range of teams across various issues, locations, & time zones. Develops an effective working relationship with each team member identifying & addresses potential problems or issues within the team. Earns trust, respect & loyalty, coordinating roles, responsibilities & interdependencies of all team members.
- Written Communications: Produces excellent, timely & focussed written materials in business & industry specific technical language seeking to ensure that the key messages are understood as intended.
- Analytical Thinking: Is able to choose among a diverse set of analytical tools according to the nature of the situation, identifying many possible causes for a problem based on prior experience & current research. Weighs the costs, benefits, risks, & chances for success before recommending a course of action.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.