theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 75 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimms Operations Team is a group of fast-moving & analytical thinkers who thrive on getting stuff done. As a lean team at theSkimm, we do more with less & we hustle. Nobody is too senior or too junior to do something. Everybody executes, & we are always in growth mode.
As a Director of Operations at theSkimm, you will be involved in all aspects of our business & your work will help us re-engineer & organize internal processes. Reporting to theSkimms Chief Operating Officer, you will help lead change-management projects, including organizational analysis, process analysis & other day-to-day work coming from our executive team to ensure were executing on plan. To be successful in this role, youll need a good breadth of knowledge in business & the ability to consult with internal teams & stakeholders across the entire organization.
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 8+ years of experience with at least 2+ years of consulting experience
- Highly organized & a science-based approach to work - either applying data, quant or market intelligence when evaluating challenges or proposing solutions
- Ability to work autonomously & manage projects on your own
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- An MBA or equivalent education & experience
- Experience in digital media
- Experience in a highly executional or operational practice
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance reviews aimed at rewarding & recognizing our diverse talents
- A flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- 'MassMutual' 401(k) program
- Free 'One Medical' Membership
- Free 'Headspace' Membership
- Subsidized family planning & fertility benefits through 'Carrot Fertility'
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine & a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered meals & drinks during our weekly "Sipn Skimm" all-hands meeting & twice-monthly "Skimm'e A Drink!" happy hour
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY