FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, & leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, & TV/media, including FanDuel, Betfair US, DRAFT, & TVG. FanDuel Group has a presence across 45 states & 8 million customers. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, & Scotland.
About the role
The Senior Commercial Trader will be responsible for continually improving FanDuels betting product; overseeing daily trading operations for several sports; analyzing price efficiency; & optimizing trading strategies. The initial focus will be on NBA, College Basketball & MLB so deep knowledge & understanding of those sports is a must. Other core tasks will be coaching less experienced Traders; commercial reporting & insights; as well as a range of ad hoc projects such as new product testing.
The role requires a strong knowledge of US sports betting particularly NBA & College Basketball - & proven commercial trading acumen in a large sports betting operator. The successful candidate will play a key role in the development of the expanding New Jersey Trading Team & be a thought leader on US sports trading within the Group globally.
If you would like to play a key role in an emerging US sports betting market opportunity then this could be the role for you.Integrity, low ego & collaboration are key values in the Risk & Trading department.The role requires work outside of normal business hours including weekends.
Trading Product Owner for NBA & College Basketball
- Overseeing trading operations for defined sports to deliver a world class experience for the customer
- Continually improving betting product to ensure a best-in-world offering for our customers
- Collaboration with colleagues in the US & internationally to optimize operational performance
- Odds compilation & occasional live trading during busy periods
- Ensuring compliance with market regulations
Commercial Trading Strategies & Pricing
- Design, implement & iterate customer centric trading strategies that deliver against KPIs
- Continuous improvement in pricing techniques; both on your own pricing & working with modelling & development teams to optimize predictive & derivative model pricing
- Review & optimize margin charts
Commercial Reporting, Insights & Analysis
- Set standard for commercial reporting on NBA to be followed by other sports
- Drawing insights from data to inform commercial business decisions
Training & Development
- Playing a key role in improving the standard of trading skills within the team
- Sharing commercial trading knowledge & experience
- Defining, measuring & reporting on Trader metrics
- People & customer focused
- Strategic mindset
- Enjoys collaborating - to arrive at better decisions together
- Communicates & influences effectively
- Decisive even in the absence of complete information
- Embraces & manages through change positively
- Enjoys achieving through others
- Trustworthy, just, low ego
Who we're looking for
- 5+ years sports trading experience
- Substantial industry knowledge
- An in-depth knowledge of NBA, College Basketball & MLB as well as other US sports
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Self-service reporting & insights capabilities
- Commercially savvy
- Undergraduate degree in a related field
- 7+ years sports trading experience in an online sportsbook with at least 2 years in a Senior Trader level role
- Demonstrable experience in improving trading margins & price efficiency for a large online sportsbook in US sport/s
- Detailed understanding of the economics of running a sportsbook
- Proven leadership or coaching/development experience on core trading skills
- More advanced reporting skills using SQL or similar programs
What you get in return
Beyond working with such a great team?
- An exciting environment with real growth
- Contribute to exciting products used by a highly passionate user base
- Personal learning & development opportunities
- Flexible holiday allowance
- 401K plan with company match
- Attractive healthcare coverage
There's more, but we don't want to go on & on.
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgment or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.