At White Ops, were all hackers. This doesnt mean you have to hold a key to the internet (although one of our founders does!), but it does require approaching problems in unconventional ways. We are attacking criminal botnets through the ad fraud that finances their operations. Our proprietary technology detects & prevents sophisticated online fraud. By reducing the incentives for crime, we are making the internet a better place. Our mighty team of humans have several things in common:
We are hackers.
We create tau for ourselves & each other.
We think big & move fast.
We practice humility.
We pwn it.
What we do:
We keep the internet safe by fighting organized cybercrime. Our products accurately detect & prevent even the most sophisticated bots & our customers include some of the web's largest & most forward-thinking companies.
Our team of engineers is friendly, curious, driven, & highly collaborative. We support one another & regularly hold code reviews to facilitate learning & reduce friction during our 2-week releases. We strive for clean & readable code. Our engineers also work closely with other teams in the company, including creative, product, & customer support.
The Data Platform team processes terabytes of data a day as the backbone for our analytical systems. We are looking for a hands on senior developerto design, develop & test our data platform & continuously improve the performance, availability & scalability of our products. Experience with fast & scalable distributed systems is a must as well experience with structured & unstructured data sets.
Who you are:
- You have a strong sense of ownership which drives you to find ways to do things better, faster, & cheaper
- You look to find new & innovative ways to solve complex problems through rigorous experimentation
- You are open & transparent & work in tight collaboration with the rest of White Ops
What you've done:
- Experience with distributed data storage systems/formats using parallel processes and/or columnar data stores such as Snowflake, Redshift, Druid, Cassandra, Parquet, Kudu, or HBase
- Strong experience using Python.
- Experience working with batch processing/ real-time systems using various open source technologies like Spark, MapReduce, NoSQL, Hive, etc.
- Experience working with messaging frameworks such as Kafka or Kinesis
- Have worked with a major cloud provider such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Knowledge in data modeling, data access, & data storage techniques for big data platforms
- Exposure to Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment & Test Driven Development preferred
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, & creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, & we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
About White Ops:
Our mission is to protect the internet by verifying the humanity of every online transaction. Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, we now serve trillions of monthly decisions for some of the webs largest platforms. Our technology protects digital advertisers, publishers, ad tech, & enterprise businesses globally by detecting & blocking bots. Its an ongoing war that we happily fight every day.
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is centrally located in NYC in the heart of the Flatiron District. We had approximately 100% headcount growth in the past year & we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, & career growth. We are doing meaningful work & we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor & Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, & London.
We have many world class customers who use our platform We're focused & propelled by a substantive mission We're building a very sophisticated product that fights a real threat to humanity We're committed to building a product companies need We have created an environment that optimizes your skills & brings out your best work