Phreesia is looking for a hands-on, highly technical Linux Administrator to join our growing team!
The mission of the Linux Administrator is to secure, automate & maintain our colocation & cloud Linux infrastructure. The infrastructure must be designed & maintained at a high level to ensure 99.99% customer uptime. All SLAs must be met with acceptable performance & capacity to support 30% year-over-year traffic growth.
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems? Do you thrive under tight deadlines & fast moving projects? Are you looking for a position to shape & guide one of the nation's largest Healthcare patient intake SaaS platforms?
If this sounds appealing, we are looking for a highly technical & detailed oriented Linux Administrator to join our Engineering team.
- Become an expert in Phreesias data center infrastructure, component interaction, high-level software architecture, customer use-cases & configurations within the first two months.
- Understand & deploy Linux systems in the first three months.
- Display ability to use existing monitoring tools to diagnose issues in the production hardware & software stack in the first four months.
- Enhance standardization & uniformity of Phreesias environment by developing standard operating procedures for adding servers, applications, patching, server management, & creating a POC for an additional enterprise Linux distribution within the first six months.
This is a hands-on highly technical Linux Administrator position which will require gaining intimate knowledge of Phreesias applications & infrastructure. This knowledge will be used to design, secure, automate & maintain our colocation & cloud infrastructure. The infrastructure must be designed & maintained at a high level to ensure 99.99% customer uptime with acceptable performance & capacity to support 30% year-over-year traffic growth. The position will provide other technical teams with the tools & procedures needed for self-service provisioning & configuration. Ongoing responsibilities include developing Standard Operating procedures, Automation, building & configuring Linux servers, monitoring key processes, securing & maintaining virtual datacenters.
- Installation & configuration of Linux servers.
- Infrastructure automation for VMs, load balancing & development tools.
- Secure & audit all Linux infrastructure to meet PCI & HIPAA standards.
- Day-to-day operation, maintenance & monitoring of the production application & supporting systems.
- Support all Linux systems at the infrastructure level. This includes OS & system service level administration, data migration, patching, service management & job schedules.
- Support growth & development of new & existing deployments.
- Assist in the selection, configuration & the ongoing usage of Linux distributions.
- Design & build centralized management & patching tools.
- Maintain, upgrade & patch all current & new Linux systems.
- Respond to & remediate monitoring alerts. Provide full monitoring visibility into all virtual & application layers.
- Strong understanding of public cloud solutions with VMC on AWS & AWS preferred.
- Support NOC staff with training, issue escalation & automation.
- Optimize system availability, security & performance of production systems.
- Be available for scheduled on-call / shift work, outside of normal business hours.
- 5 plus years of experience installing, upgrading & troubleshooting a wide range of software & hardware.
- Expert in command line administration & all things Linux
- Detailed knowledge of one or more of the following: CentOS, Debian, Gentoo, Suse, Ubuntu, Red Hat, AWS
- Demonstrated ability to maintain service level agreements in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills; ability to analyze complex technical problems
- Ability to multi-task, shift gears quickly, work independently & collaboratively, adapt easily to shifting priorities, process changes, & schedule changes
- Ability to quickly learn new systems
- Excellent verbal & written communications; ability to explain issues clearly & concisely & establish effective working relationships in a distributed team
- Detailed knowledge of kernel configuration, system installation, software installation, user management, filesystem management & system service management
- Demonstrated ability to mentor & lead team members in the adoption, deployment & management of technology
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related field preferred, or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of Windows, Networking & VMware a plus
- Basic knowledge or MongoDB, Redis & RabbitMQ a plus
- Knowledge or experience with containers a plus
- Linux & AWS certifications a strong plus
- Pragmatic - able to look at problems with fresh eyes. They are not dogmatic & can make good decisions between improving an existing system & replacing a system. They do not replace technologies for technology sake but based on solid reasoning. They hear & absorb the feedback of others.
- Good communicator - can present their ideas succinctly & clearly in written & spoken communication. They work through their ideas & reasoning & respond to feedback in a non-aggressive, positive manner to achieve results.
- Team Player reaches out to peers & cooperates with management to establish an overall collaborative working environment.
- Treats others with respect, listens to their ideas, & remains open to new things. Voices their opinion in a constructive way to challenge others respectfully.
- Self-Motivated - this person must be able to see other things that need improving & to take responsibility for seeing them through. They must be able to work effectively without being micromanaged.
- Open to Criticism - this person must be able to listen to others feedback & respond appropriately.
- Time Management - can plan & manage their time without undue influence. They can view a list of work & be able to triage the important work from the important but less critical work.
- Personable is friendly, easy to talk to, open & honest, & gets along well with others
- Persistent - when presented with an issue or challenge, this person continues to try to understand & resolve underlying issues even when faced with an easy out. This could involve keeping others invested in the problem & keeping them moving forward with new information or ideas.
- Enthusiastic passionate & excited about their work. Has a can-do attitude. Wants to wake up every day & work on technology.
- Attentive to Detail doesnt let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.