Away is seeking a Director of Stage Gate Management to create, coordinate, & continuously improve our physical product go to market calendars. You will be the lynchpin of timing between marketing, design, & product development to ensure we launch thoughtful products as quickly as possible - while ensuring essential milestones are met & critical decisions are made. Each of your partners will have detailed project plans of their own; you will own & coordinate the overall stage gate process. Success in this position will require a balance of rolling-up-sleeves detail-orientation, communication (written & verbal), influence (across all levels), & action-orientation. Extensive experience bringing physical products to life & to market for a global brand is essential. This position reports to the Vice President of Global Operations & is based out of our headquarters in Soho, NYC.
What You'll Do:
- Create a stage gate process where Away maintains our nimble roots, but standardizes our approach in a way that uses process to enable innovation
- Continuously & obsessively iterate on a stage gate process, providing thought leadership on how to quickly, yet thoroughly, bring products to market in a way that balances speed / innovation / creativity / quality / information / cost
- Coordinate product creation activities & influence partners across marketing, design, & product development
- Foster a culture of transparency & clear communication so that every individual associated with product at Away always understands exactly what is happening in the go to market process
- Lead through influence, authenticity, & credibility
- Relentlessly provide solutions that proactively clear any road blocks
- Provide a calm, reliable, reassuring leadership presence to the team
- Lead the tactical stage gate work that results in successful launches, while also building the long-term team to allow Away to scale & grow into multiple categories
- Teach your Away teammates new & more efficient methods of working that leaves them surprised & delighted
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of experience in product and/or calendar management, preferably for a direct to consumer brand
- You are steeped in brand love
- You possess extensive experience in the processes of creating & launching branded, physical products
- You are metrics oriented & use a data-driven approach to strategy & execution
- Your project management & organizational skills are unparalleled
- Your colleagues recognize you as a benchmark written & verbal communicator
- You are always reliable & relentlessly focused on being better, faster, & more effective
- You are a highly proactive identifier of improvement & optimization opportunities; every time you are introduced to an existing process, you immediately ask is this the best way to do this to meet our goals?
- You thrive in a fast paced environment that requires continual multi-tasking & prioritization
- You have proven leadership & people management skills & a passion for developing talent
- Preferably, you have led the stage gate process at both a large scale brand, & in a high-growth but smaller setting
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup. We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, were expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness & lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US & abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? Were hiring!