Squarespace is seeking an experienced & highly motivated professional to serve as its first ever Director of Treasury & Procurement. In this role, you will be reporting directly to our Chief Financial Officer & working closely with the Accounting, Tax, Legal, Internal Controls & FP&A teams to optimize banking operations, enhance cash flow forecast & visibility, evolve hedging strategies, manage investments, & set the appropriate capital structure. In addition to your Treasury responsibilities, you will also be responsible for all aspects of the procurement process across the entire company.
You will be based in our New York City headquarters.
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until June 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if & when it is safe to return to our offices.
- Build out defined processes for both day-to-day treasury operations & strategic treasury functions
- Execute debt capital transactions in partnership with legal counsel
- Oversee day-to-day cash & investment activities to ensure the company maintains proper liquidity
- Partner with the FP&A & Accounting teams to improve accuracy of cash flow forecast
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements & internal controls
- Analyze key treasury metrics (cash forecast models, fluctuating cash needs, risk, etc)
- Own all Treasury-related SOX controls
- Lead all aspects of the investment portfolio to ensure compliance with investment policy
- Oversee bank account management & credit card programs
- Lead the implementation of Treasury systems as needed
- Assess risk around cash management, banking systems, & funding processes
- Work with the External Reporting team on footnotes & disclosures for Treasury investment sections of the Companys filings
- Assist with the intercompany settlement process
- Build & develop a small yet growing Treasury organization
- Partner with legal & tax to optimize inter-company structure & transactions
- Build & manage the Procurement team & function
- Partner with the Legal team to create procurement policies & procedures & influence adoption & adherence to policies
- Establish metrics to include cost savings & avoidance, policy compliance, purchase order cycle time, & supplier compliance.
- Negotiate competitive pricing & volume discounts for long-term contracts & service-level agreements
- Manage & monitor internal controls over vendor compliance, purchase order/requisitions & disbursements, including enterprise compliance with SOX.
- Minimum of 12 years of combined management experience in treasury/cash management/procurement with a Bachelors Degree in business, finance, or accounting
- Experience influencing senior management teams, strong executive presence
- The ability to develop strong relationships across the organization, as well as with external stakeholders
- A high degree of ethics & professionalism with the ability to handle confidential information
- Experience building & leading high-performing teams
- Exemplary written, verbal, & presentation skills; adapt communication style to the appropriate audience
- Demonstrated ability to execute strategy to solve ambiguous & complex problems
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Gender Affirmation Surgery
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.