They say "sitting is the new smoking". We're here to get more people moving...
Gympass is a discovery platform that empowers companies to engage their workforce in physical activity by providing access to the largest global network of workout facilities. With a single monthly membership, companies can help employees find an activity they'll love among more than 600 activities across the U.S., Europe, & Latin America. Our goal is to multiply the number of people exercising at every company to create a healthier & more engaged workforce.
Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York, we have a growing team in 30 offices around the world. Our mission is simple yet ambitious: defeat inactivity, & we know the only way to get there is together, partnering with companies, gyms & having the best talent.
The Buyer will lead an important part of a new Business Unit called Gympass Plus & will be responsible for fostering relationships with our preferred vendors. This person will be focused on scouting the best products, negotiating competitive pricing, closing deals, growing new vendors, & establishing a long term relationship with vendors. This person needs to possess a passion for negotiation, a love for collaboration, & a personal connection with the brand.
What You'll Do...
- Communicate & interface with vendors, suppliers & distributors as necessary. Develop strong relationships with these parties.
- Analyze sales trends, inventory & margin to achieve sales goals
- Develop merchandise strategy with appropriate internal stakeholders
- Complete vendor selection & develop strong vendor relationships
- Plan the footprint aligned with the Sales Team
You Should Have....
- Bachelors degree
- 3+ years of experience in Retail, E-commerce, Marketplace
- Strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of the Operations process of Retail/E-commerce
- Experience with Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health & welfare of our employees. Our benefits include:
- Health, dental, & vision insurance
- Gympass membership, workout anywhere anytime for the cost of one lunch
- Competitive PTO, sick time, company-observed holidays & a floating holiday
- Paid parental leave
- Education reimbursement program
- Outstanding opportunities for personal growth & career development
- An exciting & supportive atmosphere with intelligent (hey, at least we think so) & ambitious people from around the world!
Gympass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Gympass does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need.