Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Director of NextGen Operations leads by example, & through partnership to drive competitive advantage & value for Visa This position will be responsible managing a team to support all shared infrastructure day to day activities. This position also requires to work with engineering, architecture & life cycle management teams to set the standards for the shared infrastructure technologies to manage in 24/7 production environment.
- Coaching other members of the support team, sharing technical & customer knowledge in a helpful & timely fashion
- Responsible for partnering with the Platform, Engineering & Delivery Teams to deliver seamless infrastructure support for all Visa business lines
- Own & support full stack of shared infrastructure, & technology initiatives.
- Single Point of contact for senior leadership stakeholders & cross-functional teams.
- Create & implement goals & action plans to align with overall organization objectives.
- Emulate strong management & leadership principles with the capacity to engage, motivate, mentor & coach teams distributed across various geographical locations.
- Communicate & adapt presentations to various stakeholders regarding goals, planning process, project initiatives, team innovation & results.
- Implement, gather & report team/project metrics to track execution & effectiveness
- On-board high caliber engineers & develop future leaders.
- Accountable for the quality of test activities during the release of products to production.
- Willingness to engage on a short notice to address production issues in a 24x7 environment to minimize customer impact
- Security Remediation process (vulnerability assessment & patch management)
- Responsible for adherence of established ITIL practice such as Incident, Change, Problem & Release Management
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree in technical field (Electrical, Electronics or computer science) or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters or above in electrical, Electronics or computer science)
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 5+ years of experience in leading operations/engineering organization with at least 3 years of experience in Manager role.
- Experience with container technologies & orchestration platforms (i.e. Docker UCP Swarm / Kubernetes, Containers)
- Knowledge on storage technologies
- Knowledge on networking concepts
- Experience with Virtual technologies (i.e. VMWare, Hyper-V) is a must
- Experience supporting a 24x7 Operational environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor
- Ability to coordinate activities within cross-divisional & cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities & assignments
- Excellent verbal, written, skills; in particular, demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical & business issues & solutions to multiple organizational levels internally & externally
- Strong understanding of process orientation, understanding of project management techniques, methodologies & best practices
- Candidate must have demonstrated & be prepared to exhibit initiative & ownership of consistent delivery success
- Ability to set goals & objectives, prioritize, & manage situations to satisfactory completion
- Must be comfortable presenting & speaking to large groups of people.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- May require some after business hours coverage.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.