At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europes vibrant tech hub Berlin, weve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector & inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes & thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 12 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London, Amsterdam & Copenhagen & shipped out more than 250 Million meals in 2019.
Our more than 5,000 employees are the heart & soul of our highly international, fast-paced, & dynamic environment where innovation & smart, fast action is encouraged.
We want you to join us & help take HelloFresh to the next level - as a company in its growth phase this is a great time to join. Career & development opportunities are endless.
Our Engineering, Data, Product & Security teams are located in Berlin & New York & are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services & add-on upselling features, we work on challenging problems & have a high output of building & releasing features & engines that make our business thrive & deliver real financial impact.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
About the job
You will be joining the Platform Tribe at HelloTech. Platformforms a stable & fresh environment for our talented teams of developers to thrive. As well as building a great foundation, Platform is also responsible for spreading their knowledge throughout the other tribes, they make sure everyone is taking advantage of the easy to use infrastructure, & applying the best practices when it comes to Continuous Delivery, Containerisation, Performance, Security etc.
- Deliver solid Infrastructure as aCode by using automation tools such as Terraform & Ansible
- Build & maintain container clusters with Kubernetes
- Optimize & improve our CI/CD workflow
- Develop & support tools for infrastructure to be used by other engineers
- Design blueprints & support engineers to implement them
- Mentoring/supporting engineers regarding tools, concepts & best practices
Check out some of the amazing open-source tools that we're building here at Platform:
Janus - An API Gateway written in Go
Klepto - Tool for copying & anonymising data
Kandalf - RabbitMQ to Kafka bridge
Who we are looking for
- You have back-end experience using Golang or Python
- Experience with system administration or infrastructure maintenance
- Good knowledge of design patterns, system architecture, & best practices
- You have strong experience working with cloud (AWS), Docker & containerisation technologies such as Kubernetes, & Terraform
- Enthusiasm for open source contribution
- You are passionate about mentoring & sharing knowledge
- You loveto automate things
It would be beneficial if you also have the following:
- Experience with immutable infrastructure
- Previous experience working in an environment with microservices
- Knowledge of different deployment patterns (canary, zero-downtime)
What we offer
- Relocation assistance to move to Berlin & visa application support
- Competitive compensation
- Significant reduction on our meal kits
- Annual learning & development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources
- Sabbatical policy
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin
- A diverse & vibrant international environment
- A range of perks (Free in-house crash course in German, compensation for advanced German classes, in-house lecture series & knowledge sharing programme, discounts for our neighbouring gym & Urban Sports Club, free weekly yoga classes, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines)
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations & earliest starting date.