Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. Weve taken something complicated & made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website & your international transfer is made to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. We have grown on average by 50% year on year & are now processing over 3bn of remittances on an annual basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees & have offices worldwide.
About the Role
You will lead design efforts as part of our Internal Apps team. Our team focuses on building tools, resources & services to enable us to assist customers no matter what they need. You have the potential to proactively improve the experience for our customers when they feel the need to contact us directly resulting in measurable positive impact for the business.
- Working alongside your teams product owner & engineers, being accountable for the design direction & outcomes that improves:
- The ability for our customer service teams to be proactive in solving customer queries.
- The level of satisfaction customers have when communicating with us.
- Our overall brand perception for existing & new customers.
- You will provide design leadership to various parts of our business, demonstrating the effectiveness of a design thinking approach to the mission of the team.
- You know when research will help provide insights to the problems we are trying to understand & the solutions we hope to deliver, speaking to customers & our support team often to gain those insights.
- Building things for the long term in a way that benefits the customer in as many ways as possible.
Summary of required experience & attributes
- You have worked on a couple of products up to this point, & youve mostly worked in house at product focused companies ideally in a multi-disciplined product or feature team. Its not that we dont want to hear from you if youve mostly been living the agency life but tell us why youre looking for a change.
- You recognise the importance that design plays to help influence positive behaviours for customers, with your experience in design thinking to help create engaging & impactful solutions.
- You have a great portfolio that demonstrates your experience with the product design process, your ability to design effective solutions for users & ideally experience with service design that suits this team you will help lead.
- Youre someone who draws motivation, purpose & inspiration from the mission of a company & use that in helping solve the problems you work on.
- You know when & why to use different design approaches such story mapping, journey mapping, prototyping, low or high-fidelity prototypes with examples you can share in a conversation with us during the interview process.
- You are friendly, humble & focused on the team, & love working closely with product managers, data scientists, engineers & being supported by other experienced designers to bring your unique perspective into the design process.
Something really important
We are keen to ensure we are designing experiences that work for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics & backgrounds.
We appreciate that applying takes a lot of effort, & we really value the time you invest. If you feel this role sounds almost like you, please do still consider applying. We understand that experience comes in many forms, & believe that skills are transferable. This will help us continue to build a diverse team that is naturally the best at solving problems.