Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 700 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Team:
At Rent the Runway, we are designing & building a next generation merchandising platform. Our inventory & the way we merchandise it powers the limitless closet, enables RTR to be an integral part of the way our customer gets dressed every day, & is our biggest differentiator. In addition, our merchandising systems enable customers to discover the best & most relevant inventory. The systems we build power every aspect of the inventory lifecycle. This includes determining what & how much to buy, managing the purchase of inventory, processing new receipts, publishing new listings, & ensuring that RTR optimizes our inventory.
About the Job:
As a Senior Product Manager, you will design, build, & implement systems & processes that bring scale to our merchants. You will partner very closely with engineers, product designers, business stakeholders (buying team, fashion operations, site merchandisers, photo studio/production team, warehouse operations), data science/analytics, third party vendors & designer partners to optimize & scale our business.
What Youll Do:
- Own your product roadmap to create experiences that delight & empower our internal users, prioritize based on learnings, make tradeoffs & take acceptable risks to innovate & learn.
- Lead cross-functional teams through the agile development process from conception, discovery, testing, UX design, development, through to launch & scale.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of your users - learn their motivations & goals - to provide product requirements that bring clarity & focus to complex problems.
- Define, monitor & measure launched products to leverage a tight learning loop to continually inform the product development process.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree.
- 5+ years of product management experience, ideally in merchandising, e-commerce, supply chain or inventory planning related domain.
- Ability & willingness to travel (in the future) to our international office in Galway, Ireland!
- Thrive in change. You are entrepreneurial in spirit with a passion for disruption.
- Constantly learning. You are flexible & able to adjust & change direction as you learn.
- Love complex domains. You are comfortable & energized by uncharted problems.
- A builder. You are excited about creating new products to deliver significant business impact.
- Analytical. You can turn data into actionable insights.
- Love to test & learn. You leverage a test & learn approach to validate assumptions & mitigate risk.
- Strong communicator. From engineers to executives, you know how to talk AND how to listen in remote & in-person environments.
- Enjoy getting technical. You are familiar with SQL, comfortable working with engineers day-to-day & able to participate in technical discussions.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.