Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Were looking for a Senior Engineer to join the Email Editor team focused on building a world-class email editor that's easy-to-use & enables our customers' best marketing. In addition to working closely with peer engineers, you will collaborate with product managers, support, quality assurance, & designers on development process & feature development.
At Mailchimp, we value learning, collaboration & clarity. Youll find success here if you enjoy writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't only about shipping: you are a welcoming contributor that knows how to communicate with your team in order to provide great software. You prefer using proven technologies to solve interesting new problems. You've broken production environmentsand then buckled down, fixed them & maybe you held a blameless post-mortem about it!
Most of our teams have at least one distributed member, so we encourage flexible working hours & some telecommuting but you should plan to be in the office most days. Were willing to help you with relocation if youre not currently local to one of our offices!
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are very customer-focused & are always thinking about how we can create a great experience for our customers
- You have experience in a software development environment building & maintaining distributed applications professionally
- Youre experienced in designing & implementing application architectures & code that are highly scalable, available, maintainable, & performant
- You can work independently while also putting an emphasis on mentorship of those around you
- You love building clean & testable components that can be reused in other parts of the application, but youre also pragmatic & know when we just need to ship something
- You have great communication skills, & as a leader on a distributed team, understand the value of role modeling excellent written communication
- Youre comfortable working in an agile environment continuously delivering & rolling out features behind flags, & iterating on them as we learn more
- Youre comfortable collaborating closely with product managers & designers, providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your teams roadmap
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with React JS, PHP, and/or Google Analytics
If you are excited about the role, even if these bonus points dont match your experience, you are encouraged to apply!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Brooklyn & are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight & views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade & within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F & R lines).
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!