About the role:
As a Senior Dispute Associate, youll be joining our rapidly-growing Dispute Operations Team to help us maximize the operational efficiency & accuracy of our cardholder dispute investigations program, minimize dispute losses, & ensure regulatory compliance. This will require the candidate to work cross-functionally with Third Party Operations Partners, & our internal Product, Analytics, Member Services, & Compliance Teams to ensure we are teaming up to make data-driven, member obsessed decisions. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, capable of working independently, as well as in a team, & who will drive innovation throughout our dispute investigations lifecycle. As an issuer dispute operations expert, well rely on you to help us ensure our investigations are timely, accurate, & compliant, & that we are well-positioned to scale our operations as we grow to serve tens of millions of Chime members.
This job cannot be performed in the state of Colorado.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Collaborate with internal & third party teams to ensure the timely execution of dispute operations in accordance with Federal Regulations E & Z, NACHA Operating Rules, payment network (Visa, MasterCard) rules, & other applicable regulations
- Identify, own & resolve dispute operations process issues. Team up with product, analytics, & member services, & compliance teams to justify proposed changes through forecasting the impact to customer experience, regulatory/reputational risk, operational expenses, & fraud losses
- Work closely with finance & workforce management teams to assess our operational readiness & ensure we can support dispute operations as we scale existing & new products
- Partner with Quality Assurance to analyze productivity & quality reporting to identify performance improvement opportunities & training deficiencies
- Investigate & respond to dispute related escalations from our cross-functional stakeholders
- Support internal & external audits & due diligence requests
To thrive in this role, you have:
- 5+ years of overall professional experience, with at least one year of experience in cardholder dispute operations, preferably supporting issuer dispute investigations (Regulation E or Regulation Z)
- A passion for identifying problems & finding the best possible solution. Automation & optimization are two of your greatest strengths.
- The ability to analyze, summarize, & communicate findings & issues drawn from facts & apply complex legal & regulatory requirements in a manner that is technically competent
- The ability to foster a cohesive & creative work environment with internal & remote teams, & across time zones
- A love for knocking out the tasks on your checklist - you possess strong organizational & prioritizing skills
- Remote or BPO operations experience required
- A strong desire to work for a fast-paced, high-growth organization
- Advanced Microsoft Office or G Suite skills
- Dashboarding experience using data visualization tools such as Looker, basic SQL & Zendesk experience a plus
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees & helping people grow their savings automatically, weve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest & fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, & more!
We've built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech & were recently valued at over $14.5B. We've raised over $1B in funding from leading investors including DST, Coatue, Tiger Global, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Dragoneer, Menlo, Whale Rock, Access, Forerunner, Crosslink, Cathay, aCrew, & others.
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits
- Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- Generous vacation policy & company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., & delicious snack boxes, too!
- A challenging & fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech & help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, & inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, & ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members & helps us all grow as Chimers & individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, & any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer & will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects & uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.